The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Sold a buggy, buyer claims wheels are defective - do I offer to pay for spares?

(7 Posts)
Norrsken Tue 08-Jan-13 16:19:39

I sold a buggy for £100, in my opinion the buggy was in a very good condition.

The buyer has now contacted me claiming that one front wheel is slightly damaged, and that the other is defective and pulls the buggy to the side.

I not agree as I think the wheels are in a normal used condition, but I would like to resolve the situation. Spare wheels would cost £12/ each plus £5 postage. Should I offer to pay for two spare wheels, or just the one wheel described as 'wonky'? Or should I offer a percentage discount, considering I do not think the wheels are defective?

Any advice would be appreciated!

neontetra Tue 08-Jan-13 16:47:18

If they collected it in person I would do nothing, as it was their responsibilty to check they were happy when they took it. If you posted it I would offer a refund if they return it - you may well find they won't! Good luck.

Pendipidy Tue 08-Jan-13 16:50:19

Sold as seen.

Norrsken Tue 08-Jan-13 17:07:25

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it wasn't collected, it was sent by courier.

I would rather not have the buggy returned (I need the money!) perhaps I will offer to pay for one spare wheel should it come to it, as sending the buggy back would cost as much as a spare wheel.

lljkk Tue 08-Jan-13 17:13:29

How much would it cost for return courier?
£27 out of your profit is A LOT.

lljkk Tue 08-Jan-13 17:14:32

oops, X post.
Sounds like you're best off making an offer & see if they'll accept.
Put them on your blocked bidder list if you think they are scamming.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Wed 09-Jan-13 21:14:16

I would email the buyer and ask what they would like to happen.

I recently sold a buggy and the buyer listed a whole load of 'problems' which I believed to be untrue. They wanted 2/3 refunded to fix it hmm. Had they have asked for £20-£30 then I'd have agreed to a partial refund but they wanted £120 shock so they returned it at their cost. It was a pain for me but it sold again within a week and the new buyer was very pleased with their purchase!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now