This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I bought an item on ebay....

(17 Posts)
waitingforgodot Sun 06-Jan-13 20:00:38

and now seller says she has lost it.
So, do I complain to paypal or ebay? This has never happened to me before!

fergoose Sun 06-Jan-13 20:16:49

have they refunded you?

You can open a case with ebay or paypal - you can also report the non performing seller. Did it sell too cheaply I wonder? Have they relisted at a higher price?

lljkk Sun 06-Jan-13 20:24:31

Has she grovelled in her apology?
I keep thinking this will happen to me, I have a huge pile of stuff i'm selling and the odds that something will disappear (down back of radiator?!) seems high.
there are loads of ways to complain, but concentrate on getting your payment back first.

yes check to see that they havent relisted it... or going too. i know someone that won a wii bundle really cheap, seller then said it was broken. friend checked their other listings an hour later and they had relisted everything separately (you could tell it was the same items). she took it to ebay and she managed to win and get the wii bundle for the price she won it for.

if she doesnt relist then you need a refund

Tincletoes Sun 06-Jan-13 20:31:13

Lost it my arse
About as likely as the seller who realised my (admittedly bargain) North Face jacket had a stain on it earlier this year.
I am guessing you got a bargain too? There isn't much you can do apart from ask for your refund, but I can really sympathise.

fergoose Sun 06-Jan-13 20:32:44

I agree - and leave appropriate feedback and stars. ebay cannot force the seller to send you your item. But make sure you report them for non performance - a strike against their account at least.

waitingforgodot Sun 06-Jan-13 20:35:25

yeah it is annoying. I don't have refund yet but have asked for full refund tonight. Get this-seller said she wasn't sure how to refund because she was new to ebay but she thinks I need to leave feedback first before it will allow her to refund me. Fatal mistake love-that has opened the RAGE in me lol!

fergoose Sun 06-Jan-13 20:36:44

haha - right ok then. Like you would leave her pos feedback now, and before your refund!

waitingforgodot Sun 06-Jan-13 20:36:51

will she not leave crap feedback for me? I then risk jeopardising my 100% feedback?

fergoose Sun 06-Jan-13 20:37:14

no she can't

waitingforgodot Sun 06-Jan-13 20:38:33

How come?

seventiesgirl Sun 06-Jan-13 20:40:14

I've genuinely lost something I was selling on eBay, it can happen. Really pissed off because I twice had non paying buyers for the same item previously grrrr obviously jinxed. Did find a month later....

fergoose Sun 06-Jan-13 20:40:16

sellers haven't been able to leave neg feedback for buyers for some time now. enables buyers to leave honest feedback without the need for retaliation from the seller.

waitingforgodot Sun 06-Jan-13 20:42:25

Ah thats right fergoose. Thanks for that.

PoohBearsHole Sun 06-Jan-13 20:43:44

I am always losing things and was pissed off as sold something for a good price on eBay and couldn't flipping find it. 3mnths later I have now found it. Typical,
Good luck and hope the refund is forthcoming, if lost then she needs to refund immediately or should have stopped the sale!

waitingforgodot Sun 06-Jan-13 20:44:46

seventiesgirl-I know stuff will get lost but I have given seller 2 weeks to find it and she hasn't so now thinking she is taking the piss a bit

waitingforgodot Sun 06-Jan-13 20:49:35

reported to paypal-seller refunded as soon as dispute opened. Thanks for all your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now