This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Should I contact the seller or wait?

(12 Posts)
OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 05-Jan-13 23:43:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

amazingmumof6 Sun 06-Jan-13 03:08:13

sorry to hear that!
I think update would be sent by the seller to confirm item was dispatched.
I'd wait for Monday's post, then contact seller either way.
promising you that it would be sent asap, then sending it 10 days later is not on. (you might be able to see dated stamped on or printed as proof)

if the dress is not there on Wednesday the latest I'd actually start a dispute (item's not arrived) as some people sadly lie about posting etc - this way you can get your money back through PayPal.

either way you are allowed to give a negative feedback as the seller did let you down - that's what feedback is for. I shop a lot on Ebay, and only left 2 negative feedbacks last year when things went bad, so I only suggest this as a last resort, if the situation is not resolved to your satisfaction.

good luck, I hope you'll get the dress soon and will be able to use it another time

sarahtigh Sun 06-Jan-13 07:46:55

mostly there is a date on package if she did post on time (27th or 28th) and it just took 2 weeks to arrive negative would be unfair as she did not let you down Royal Mail did and there is absolutely nothing she could have done

unfortunately to get there by 2nd means arriving on 31st which is only 3 working days from 27th which is what 92% of second class takes however it has been longer

that said something we bought and paid for on 21st only arrived yesterday and it had been posted then ( it was a book)

lljkk Sun 06-Jan-13 09:36:00

It would be reasonable for you to contact seller to ask her exactly when she posted it.

When I "Mark as Dispatched" then Ebay sends message to buyer like OP got. But that doesn't mean I dispatched that day, I might have sent it a week earlier but I only got around to clicking the "Mark as dispatched" box a few or more days later.

Hope it arrives safely soon!

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 06-Jan-13 14:06:04

fergoose Sun 06-Jan-13 14:21:57

I would contact her - especially as she agreed to post it the next day. £2.20 would be second class so it could take a while yet to arrive.

PoohBearsHole Sun 06-Jan-13 21:02:10

I quite often don't post as dispatched until a week afteri have done it, I am a bit useless a out that but I usually have a tracking number so I suppose they know when it was actually posted and that's am being a bit rubbish on my paperwork.

OldBagWantsNewBag Wed 09-Jan-13 01:27:49

lljkk Wed 09-Jan-13 08:15:41

You are a saint to give her a positive at all. Hope the dress is a good buy long term.

WinterWinds Wed 09-Jan-13 09:40:44

Another thing to remember in future with ebay, the estimated delivery date that ebay give you is based on when you paid for the item and the sellers method of delivery and delivery times.
IE, as an example, If they have stated first class then delivery estimate would be given say 2-3 days from the date you paid (random guess as i dont actually know what time is given for first class!!) Whether they have marked as despatched or not.

So more often than not parcels will not usually arrive by the date that they give you.

PoohBearsHole Wed 09-Jan-13 10:58:22

Sadly if it states in their terms on their listing 3-5 working days for dispatch you then have to add that on to the delivery time. I often do this and post all at once if listing lots of items due to the fact some people don't pay immediately therefore I don't want to be running backwards and forwards to the post office as it is about 9 miles away!

sarahtigh Wed 09-Jan-13 13:43:19

a dispatch time of 2 days with second class gives delivery of 5-7 working days

you can not open a non arrival case until day after last day so for payment on 26th assumes dispatch of 2 days estimated arrival would be 3rd-7th January

it is still late though

i tend to give 5 days if it arrives before on when estimated 4 stars if within the time frame allowed 3 stars for a day late 2 for 2 days late anything more than 3 days over the combined estimate would get 1 star unless I had been informed of delay and it explained and it was reasonable
I would not mark people down if delays due to flooding or heavy snow, PO strikes petrol,s hortages etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now