This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

£5.99 fees to eBay when I haven't sold anything

(9 Posts)
WinterWinds Mon 07-Jan-13 21:32:42

We had this a while ago, it was a random request as we hadn't sold anything for months. So i checked all my paypal transactions (going back years) and realised that ebay had been taking random amounts out of our account for a while there were about 8 charges that we hadn't authorised.
But this was the first request for fees that we had and had they not have sent that we would never have realised as some of the amounts were so small.
And as we used to sell quite alot would have thought nothing of it at the time!!

I went on the ebay message boards and found out it is a box that accidently gets ticked in your account settings which gives them permission to take money at random. shock

but i cannot remember for the life of me what it was called or how to stop it but if you check paypal and see if it shows there, and google/search ebay message boards with the transaction name you should find out instructions how to deactivate this option.
(If this is in fact what they have been doing to you)

Also email Ebay with this information tell them you did not authorise anything and haven't sold anything, they should refund you. We got ours back straight away.

HTH smile

JuliesSistersCousinsAuntsCat Sun 06-Jan-13 11:09:28

I see now, the way they date it is getting me confused! Thanks for helping me find them.

Mutt Sun 06-Jan-13 09:48:12

Hover over the 'Account' tab and select 'Seller Account'.

From there you have the option on the right to select each monthly invoice with a full breakdown for each month..

lljkk Sun 06-Jan-13 09:45:24
JuliesSistersCousinsAuntsCat Sun 06-Jan-13 09:44:33

No items didn't sell and nothing refunded. It really was just the one item early Nov. Last thing before then was in Oct and I definitely paid that one in Nov.

JuliesSistersCousinsAuntsCat Sun 06-Jan-13 09:41:35

No, I haven't listed anything at all! That's why I'm baffled. And it's been the same amount 2 months running.

I've tried seeing my invoice broken down but I can't find anything to let me.

Cheesemonkey Sat 05-Jan-13 11:00:34

If you have items listed For more than 99p and/or with multiple photographs you will be liable for listing fees. You need to check your invoice.

lljkk Sat 05-Jan-13 10:56:54

Should be itemised on your invoice.
Tracking down the invoice can be a swine, though, I'd have to google to find the right links myself.
Did you list a load of things that didn't sell? Did you have to refund something?

JuliesSistersCousinsAuntsCat Fri 04-Jan-13 22:10:42

Is this a standard monthly charge that's recently been brought in and may have gone over my head?

Haven't sold anything for 2 months so haven't checked my messages on there. I see another message about my fees needing to be paid but the last thing I sold was in early Nov. Even then I was a bit hmm about £5.99 for one item.

So what's going on? I paid it earlier as they threaten to restrict buying. But I'm not paying every month just for the privilege of having an eBay account.

I'm also not a business seller. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now