This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Local buyer asked for my address, then stopped responding to messages. WWYD?

(3 Posts)
pinkgirlythoughts Fri 04-Jan-13 18:46:29

Sold two items to the same buyer on December 18th. By Dec 23rd, she still hadn't paid, or contacted me at all, so I sent an invoice, then noticed that she lives in the same town as me, so sent her a message asking if she would prefer to collect in person. On Christmas Eve, she replied to say that she would, and when would be good to collect? I told her that it would be best to wait until after the Christmas period, gave her my address, then heard nothing else. On Sunday, I messaged her again to see when she wanted to collect, and still haven't heard back. The items are still unpaid for.
Should I open an unpaid item case?

fergoose Fri 04-Jan-13 19:33:15

open an unpaid item dispute for each item - and if they pay it has to be cash, never paypal if they are collecting.

Havingkitties Fri 04-Jan-13 20:04:37

I've started to hold out giving my address to pickup people till they have agreed a time to come and collect. Every time I give it before, then they seem to assume radio silence for a few days or think they can just pitch up when they like.

Anyhow, if you file a case like fergoose says, I'm sure they will get the willies and respond.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now