This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Cancelled sale due to defective goods and buyer refuses to cancel transaction

(7 Posts)
M1SSUNDERSTOOD Fri 04-Jan-13 17:02:56

Hi I sold some electrical equipment after Christmas and due to holidays informed buyer I would dispatch 4th January.

Confusion has now arisen as I emailed buyer yesterday to say I had opened a case to cancel transaction as goods defective and have refunded through PayPal. Apologised profusely and asked if buyer could accept cancellation.

No communication from buyer at all until eBay resolution centre emails to say buyer has refused to cancel transaction and he states he has paid for item. What do I do now? Send him defective goods or just absorb the final values fees or risk negative feedback if I appeal the case?

fergoose Fri 04-Jan-13 17:15:19

ask ebay live chat I reckon - they may give you the fees back. The buyer states they haven't been refunded?

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Fri 04-Jan-13 17:18:35

Thanks. He only states he has paid not that he hasn't been refunded. Is live chat where you talk to staff and they phone you back?

fergoose Fri 04-Jan-13 17:57:06

no you talk online by typing back and forth

go here

ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Fri 04-Jan-13 18:01:08

Thanks for the link.

lljkk Sat 05-Jan-13 11:09:28

Let us know what resolution you get.

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Sat 05-Jan-13 19:11:21

Hi update. Spoke to live chat and as fergoose said they were very helpful. Have refunded fvf and said if buyer leaves negative feedback to contact them again immediately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now