This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can I change a listing?

(8 Posts)

I've just realised that I should have put a reserve on the pacapod changing bag I have listed. (If you search, I'm the mug who's listing starts at 99p.) Both the iPhone and iPad apps tell me I can't alter listings on them, and when I try on the website I can see where to do it but the box is blanked out so I can't write in it!

Any ideas? I have a horrible feeling it's going to sell for a fiver and I'm going to cry.

fergoose Tue 01-Jan-13 17:18:18

no because there is a bid

you need to cancel the bid, then add a reserve

if I were you I would just change the start price to higher, it is free today after all. Then no cost of a reserve either.

fergoose Tue 01-Jan-13 17:18:57

and make sure you send courier or special delivery, if it goes for more than £46 recorded delivery will not be sufficient.

Oh bugger. Is it really mean to cancel the bid? And yes, good point about the special delivery. I've never sold anything that's really worth anything before!

fergoose Tue 01-Jan-13 20:05:28

no just cancel it, amend the listing and email the buyer and tell them what you have done.

Ok-thank you! Special delivery costs over £9, plus a few quid for packaging means I put £12 down. Other similar bags have only got postage of about £6 listed so I hope that tells buyers I'm serious and to be trusted rather than putting them off!

fergoose Tue 01-Jan-13 20:30:54

Collect Plus will be cheaper than that or Hermes. I wouldn't charge £12 - that seems a lot, plus £3 for packaging seems excessive.

Does it? Ah crap, I figured I'd need a big box plus bubble wrap and £2.50 would just about cover it. Oh well, if it doesn't sell I've learned for next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now