The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Ebay virgin.....posting charges?

(6 Posts)
Pan Fri 21-Dec-12 15:12:16

Have a whole host of stuff to get rid of - cluttering up the spare room. When it comes to quoting p&p, how do you do it? I've looked across the site, and it looks as if you have to take it down to the post office and get a price for each item. Shorely this isn't the case?
anyone?
tia.

Izzyschangelingisarriving Fri 21-Dec-12 15:13:48

Measure and weigh at home - there is a calculactor on RM site.

Remember to include PayPal fees if you charge exact you will be out of pocket.

Pan Fri 21-Dec-12 15:16:04

ooooh. Best get some scales then. (prob off ebay grin). I'll look up p/pal charges.
Many thanks Izzy.

sarahtigh Sat 22-Dec-12 12:10:56

you can not include paypal fees in postage they must come out of purchase price (against rules) you can include packing materials box. bag bubble wrap etc
unless you are a business you can not charge for time, petrol parking as that would make your car a business vehicle and if you charge for time it becomes income that has to be declared ( whether you pay tax on it will depend but iit must be declared!)

i would suggest postage plus 30-40p if not breakable , 50p if they are breakable and 75p for anything that needs huge box

collectplus cheapest for 2-5kg, royal mail cheapest under 1kg , not much difference between courier and royal mail for 1-2kg collect plus is cheaper but have to be near a collection point

i

vintageviolets Sat 22-Dec-12 12:20:22

Ive recently sent & was charged at the post office:

1 pair of ladies converse £4.70
1 ladies jumper £3.30

Not cheap anymore sad

Footface Tue 01-Jan-13 14:07:54

Just guess, the post office do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now