This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay Christmas challenge continuing into the new year!

(475 Posts)
Tortoise Mon 10-Dec-12 21:44:51

Last thread full so starting new one.
Still time to make a few quid before Christmas.
Could be good for those unwanted presents after Christmas! grin

PurpleFrog Mon 18-Mar-13 10:30:02

I didn't get anything new listed at the weekend after all, but I have 10 things that finish on Wednesday from the previous FLW and 2 of these already have bids and 3 others have watchers!

lljkk - I have no idea how you manage to have 120 listings on at any one time - I am very impressed! I think my record has been around 30 - and some of these were 30-day BINs.

I did manage to take a large carrier bag to the charity shop last week, and did a large load of ironing on Saturday, so I am making some progress with the decluttering - just not in the eBay direction...

lljkk Mon 18-Mar-13 10:52:13

I can manage 120 because Very little of my stuff sells, lol. Trickle trickle...

Bakingnovice Mon 18-Mar-13 19:48:05

After years of procrastination I have listed 10 items. Very proud of myself. It's all my dd's clothes and I wanted to ask what you would recommend it be posted in? I have lots of plastic envelopes but am I right in thinking if the package is bigger than a certain amount it costs more to post?

Anyway, got a few watchers but no bids yet. And a bit gutted that eBay only let me list 10. I'm hoping to list another 10 over Easter.

lljkk Tue 19-Mar-13 10:38:08

Oh Fudge. angry Someone has opened a case against me claiming item not as described, saying item is damaged. I seem to recall I repaired a small seam on item once (about 1 cm inside one of the trouser legs), but you had to be told where the repair was to see it, and my repairs are brilliant, I know Did not try to contact me before opening case to say what damage was (item was received about 10 days ago).

It was ski trousers & I have a gut feeling he wore them for a jolly skiing weekend and is trying it on to get his money back. Bastard. I went to the trouble of listing BIN just for him, too. I should have listed it as free postage or he wouldn't be trying to claim that back, too.

JERK.

fergoose Tue 19-Mar-13 10:43:52

lljkk - now the dispute process has changed, if you try and contact seller to discuss not as described a case is automatically opened.

Just respond to it and ask them to return for a refund - not much else you can do is there.

lljkk Tue 19-Mar-13 10:49:04

I will do, I have asked him to clarify what the damage was and how (if) the item is otherwise not as described. Very polite. I'm only venting here.

Onto my blocked buyers list immediately (hollow satisfaction). I know I should be more generous, it could be genuine, all my mistake. It's always men buying clothes that I have trouble with, though. Male buyers full stop.

Tortoise Tue 19-Mar-13 13:03:07

My laptop saga still contines! Went to relist it Saturday and while doing a photo I noticed a big crack and chip out of one corner!
Phoned parcel force yesterday and they can't do anything unless sender contacts them. I explained no chance of that but still got no where with them.
So I phoned Ebay yet again. They have noted info and are looking into it and said I should get a refund for item damaged in transit. grin

fergoose Tue 19-Mar-13 13:26:50

so will ebay refund you for that from their coffers?

I hope you get a full refund then get great pleasure chucking it in the bin!

Tortoise Tue 19-Mar-13 18:02:58

I don't know, they didn't say. Just that they would pass it on to higher peeps and I should get a refund. Got to wait 5 days so hopefully by the end of the week I will know!
Will be glad to see the back of it! grin

Tortoise Sun 24-Mar-13 15:58:30

All my bits finish tonight. Not many bids at the moment, hoping some watchers bid!

Bakingnovice Mon 25-Mar-13 10:28:00

Just wanted to update everyone. Out of my ten listing four sold. I'm really chuffed. Two buyers paid last night and I've posted the items, the other two haven't paid. Following advice on
Older threads herein going to wait a few days then chase. I've made about 6.50 profit which I'm pleased with. Waiting for the flw maybe this weekend before I list more.

I've a lovely football table with small legs that sits on the floor. My ds hardly plays with it and I want to list but worried about postage as its quite heavy. Will my Hermes be able to deliver it?

Now that ive sold I feel like a bona fide member of this thread.

lljkk Mon 25-Mar-13 10:48:29

dimensions of the football table partly disassembled or folded up, approx weight (compare to your DC if needs must)?

Tortoise Mon 25-Mar-13 22:47:43

I'm still unsure of the new postage prices starting on the 2nd.
What will happen to the 60+ unsold listings that I have? Will I have to go and edit all of them to change postage? hmm

PurpleFrog Tue 26-Mar-13 09:29:54

Tortoise - I think you will have to - or risk losing out. Large letter prices are staying the same, but you will have to adjust the parcel ones. Are you talking about unsold listings that have finished, or do you have stuff listed at the moment which finishes after the 2nd? If so, you had better look at these first.
If you have not noted the weight of items you may have to re-weigh stuff and measure it to check which of the new price bands it falls into. Good luck!

That is one advantage of being so disorganised lately - I have listed so few new items that I have very few things to re-list, and some of these were going to get new photos/descriptions before I tried again anyway. I also had a bit of a cull on my long-term unsold items a few weeks ago and gave a bundle of stuff to the Charity Shop.

lljkk Wed 27-Mar-13 12:27:07

60+, pah, that's nothing. I've got about 125 listings to blitz thru trying to reset postage prices (sigh).

Bakingnovice Wed 27-Mar-13 12:33:28

Do you know the new postage costs? Ie 2nd class standard is going from 2.20 to what?

Also, if something doesn't sell and you relist do you have to pay again? Or do they not charge when something sells?

Am amazed at the 125 listings. You must be so organised.

PurpleFrog Wed 27-Mar-13 12:40:57

Bakingnovice - you should have a look at Royal Mail's website. All the details are there. The current "packet" is being changed to 2 parcel categories dependant on size.

Usually, with re-lists, if it sells on the first re-list you get the insertion fee refunded. (Assuming you didn't list on a free listing weekend.)

lljkk Wed 27-Mar-13 13:08:38

took a long time to get to that many listings, lots of relists that take 5-10+ goes to finally sell.
the new postal charges system looks hideously complicated. We Shall See.

Bakingnovice Wed 27-Mar-13 13:49:26

Thanks purple. Just been on RM website. All very complicated.

Lljkk - it must be hard work keeping on top of what's sold, needs to be posted, and what needs to be relisted.

Tortoise Wed 27-Mar-13 14:16:40

60+ is only on the normal account.
Over 100 listings on my business account to sort out!
I have 33 items on the business account ending Friday. I'm hoping for quick payers as I'm not editing those and will just have to suck up the difference!
I keep reading the info on parcel changes and it's just not sinking in! By weight is so much easier!

PurpleFrog Wed 27-Mar-13 15:17:29

I still don't know how they are going to check the size of a parcel - will it be a slot like large letter, or just a measuring tape?

At the moment each member of staff interprets the large letter guidelines differently. I have been refused large letter as my package was too floppy and didn't pass through the slot without some effort. I have had staff hold my package in the slot vertically in front of me to prove it doesn't slide through without help, and I have had other staff squeezing out air from my polymailer and forcing my package through the slot! confused

And Tortoise - you definitely win! grin

lljkk Wed 27-Mar-13 16:17:13

measuring tape, they said in my PO.

PurpleFrog Wed 27-Mar-13 21:24:42

Hmm...

Tortoise Thu 28-Mar-13 21:54:16

Purplefrog I get that with large letter too! The old bloke is very strict. Of it won't easily slide through the slot he won't accept it as large letter!

Not looking forward to editing listings! Still not 100% sure what to charge. I can see it putting buyers off!

Tortoise Sat 30-Mar-13 17:09:31

I'm not sure if I will take advantage of free listing or not. May re list everything for the 100th time!grin At some point I will have to give up on some of them selling!
I have a few other bits I could list including Optimus prime toy and some Lego/mega bloks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now