This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay Christmas challenge continuing into the new year!

(475 Posts)
Tortoise Mon 10-Dec-12 21:44:51

Last thread full so starting new one.
Still time to make a few quid before Christmas.
Could be good for those unwanted presents after Christmas! grin

Tortoise Sun 14-Apr-13 17:34:27

Never had a problem with echq. Normally clears within 7 days.

I've scheduled some bits for later. Including a huge mega bloks aircraft carrier which took me at least 6 hours to build yesterday to check all there! grin. Only a few minor bits missing and all the plastic aircraft are missing.
Hoping it sells well smile .

lljkk Sun 14-Apr-13 18:26:09

E-chqs take forever to clear but otherwise straightforward enough.

Massive relisting blitz in about half an hour!

roosterroo Sun 14-Apr-13 18:28:30

never had one fail before so fingers crossed grin

Tortoise Sun 14-Apr-13 21:10:44

Relists and new listings Inc a few pairs of nice shoes as well as the mega bloks and an Optimus Prime plus more! grin

PurpleFrog Sun 14-Apr-13 22:23:43

I re-listed 7 items between 8pm and 9pm yesterday. When I checked them this morning they had had no views at all. Sigh! I have now added 3 new items, but have managed to find a few other bits and pieces that I had lost and will be listing eventually once I do some work to them, or find the still-missing similar items to list them together.

I sold 2 items last Sunday/Monday, but one remains unpaid. The buyer obviously sniped and I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are away and will pay tonight/tomorrow so I haven't opened a case yet...

lljkk Mon 15-Apr-13 07:57:21

I just filed an NPB (sold it 9 days ago, collection only & they live miles away and have only replied (vaguely) once to my many emails). I even offered to cancel transaction (no reply).

Suspect another NPB case in the offing; again 9 days old & they said they will pay after midnight tonight hmm.

125 active listings but on current form don't expect more than 5 to sell.

PurpleFrog Mon 15-Apr-13 11:04:25

Well, I have just filed a NPB case as the buyer still hasn't paid. I hadn't e-mailed them directly but I had sent an invoice and eBay sent them an automatic reminder, so I think that should be enough. From their feedback they look more genuine than my last 2 NPBs, so fingers crossed.

I am in the process of sorting out boxes of stuff I had as a teenager, student etc.. I have sorted out a number of things I definitely don't want, and am giving them a whirl on eBay on the off-chance they will sell. So, I am not going to be terribly disappointed if they fail to.

I had meant to help dd clear out her wardrobe over the holidays, but we didn't get round to that. Hopefully we will manage that soon.

lljkk Sat 20-Apr-13 10:00:07

4% of my stuff sold last night. Better than a fortnight ago, but sheesh.

milk Sun 21-Apr-13 18:12:06

I'm back on eBay as I need to make some money, just pray the items sell!

milk Sun 21-Apr-13 19:29:36

1 item sold. I think I put it on for too cheap blush

2 items to go grin

Bakingnovice Mon 22-Apr-13 15:53:06

eBay is funny at the moment. I've put on a lovely brand new top on there lots of times with no views. It went on again last week and there was a bidding war! The baby clothes are selling slowly, although it is heartbreaking to sell monsoon stuff for 99p. Never mind, think I'm going to wait for the next flw and try and bundle up some of the remaining baby clothes.

lljkk Mon 22-Apr-13 17:38:21

I had a desirable Lego Star Wars set listed first at £99, again at £69 (about average for comparable quality listings), lots of watchers, an offer to buy off Ebay, no bids. I last listed it at £98 BIN, over 30 days, and reduced the price each day by £1. It sold at £92. (Result!)

Only 40p for the BIN fee, well worth it, if you have something you know should sell and should sell for a good price. I know I like BIN listings best, too, waiting for auctions to finish is a faff.

Tortoise Mon 22-Apr-13 18:26:39

I made £145 last night grin. Very pleased with that. Slightly disappointed that the mega bloks sold at £25 when one the same on completed listings sold for £77. But £21 for a nerf gun is a result! grin

Hey Tortoise well done.

I am starting to sell again although all the postage increases and the awkward buyers did put me off. The kids wont be getting a holiday if I dont lol.

Getting rid of my shoes sz 9 keep buying heels and will never wear them. Got tonnes of clothes which I may bundle.
I know its hard work but I have to rearrange the girls bedrooms and they have grown out of so much stuff.
Do you think summer uniform will sell yet ?
I have loads of red and white dresses !!
I might try the BIN never really used it but may be worth a go ...
Good luck Ladies smile

Bakingnovice Mon 22-Apr-13 20:49:17

£22 for a nerf gun! Wow well done. Was it brand new with all the bullets?

Tortoise Mon 22-Apr-13 20:58:02

No not brand new but did have lots of bullets smile. Luckily local so collected today. One less to post! grin

PurpleFrog Tue 23-Apr-13 09:51:32

Sound like things are picking up for people! I have 7 items ending tonight and 3 tomorrow night - 5 of these have watchers, but I would be surprised if I sold more than 2 of them.

lljkk - I agree with you on BINs - the downside is that you can be trotting back and forwards to the post office every couple of days. My problem is that I don't have things on eBay at the moment that I am confident enough about selling. I really need to get on with the de-cluttering and have a big eBay push before the Summer Holidays.

lljkk Tue 23-Apr-13 10:03:54

Slow payers mean I end up trotting back & forth to PO loads anyway, lol.

PurpleFrog Tue 23-Apr-13 12:07:52

lljkk - I know what you mean! My NPB eventually paid - 8 days after the auction ended! No explanation, no apology...

Tortoise Tue 23-Apr-13 12:19:13

I have a non payer. They finally contacted me Friday saying her grandad had been taken ill and would pay soon. Yesterday she messaged saying she will hopefully pay Friday.
I did say I would like payment sooner if possible. She said all her money is paying for her grandads nursing home at the moment so can't pay until at least Friday.
It's only about £6 but still annoying. But also have sympathy if she's being honest!

milk Tue 23-Apr-13 14:55:42

All items have sold grin hooray for eBay! smile

lljkk Tue 23-Apr-13 18:01:42
PurpleFrog Wed 24-Apr-13 10:17:52

Ta! How did you find out?

I sold none of my 7 items last night. sad

lljkk Wed 24-Apr-13 10:57:29

Was posted on Ebay forums smile.
Aww... well, I have to list like 15 to sell even one. At some point it's not worth the faff but I am soldiering on.

Bakingnovice Wed 24-Apr-13 11:21:45

I keep trying to pay for something but it keeps saying the buyer does not ship to this address. I've emailed seller and he's not aware what's going on. I've successfully used PayPal for other items since but just can't pay for this one item. Any ideas? I've asked seller for invoice which he said he sent but I haven't received. When I asked for another to be sent he said he can't send two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now