The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Cancelled transaction - is refund automatic?

(5 Posts)
bluecarrot Wed 12-Dec-12 23:22:33

oops - thanks. I did it how ebay guy said and all went through fine! Will bear it in mind in case there is a next time (I really hope not!)

sixlostmonkeys Sat 08-Dec-12 12:07:38

fergoose is right - the buyer will get a message stating not to accept the cancellation until they have received a refund.

fergoose Sat 08-Dec-12 09:15:00

I think you should refund first and then send her the cancellation request to get your fees back

bluecarrot Fri 07-Dec-12 23:49:28

nevermind - discovered ebay chat messenger. refund manually after she confirms the cancellation in case anyones interested later!

bluecarrot Fri 07-Dec-12 23:18:22

Im the seller and we have mutual agreement to cancel the purchase. I have submitted the cancellation and awaiting buyer confirmation.

Im going away for a few days so if I have to manually refund, do I do it now? Do I have to wait til she confirms it? Or does ebay / paypal auto-refund?

It was my error and Id like to resolve asap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now