The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Can't post a sold item - what can I do?

(14 Posts)
ENormaSnob Tue 04-Dec-12 11:17:31

Courier.

Either way you need to send it. Buyer has probably bought as an Xmas gift.

lljkk Tue 04-Dec-12 11:11:57

If all packaged up it weighs under 2kg Royal Mail your best price almost certainly.

lljkk Tue 04-Dec-12 11:11:21

That's easy enough, even Royal Mail will take it. And probably cheaper than anyone else. Agree one big box probably the easiest. Cut down a big box and tape back together if required. Put the loose duplo inside a tough carrier bag next to the base plate to minimise scratching.

sarahtigh Tue 04-Dec-12 10:39:36

that's not that large, just get box from supermarket they give them you free, surely it would go into a box that did have 12 bottles of wine in or similar, I would be very surprised if you could not send by courier for about £6-8

dizzyday07 Tue 04-Dec-12 00:25:05

40cm is well with in the dimensions to be sent via courier.

PartyFops Mon 03-Dec-12 21:53:09

myhermes is very cheap, and very fast and easy too

wrap it up with some bubble wrap and brown paper.

Lougle Mon 03-Dec-12 21:51:40

40cm isn't too large smile How much did you charge for postage?

BikeRunSki Mon 03-Dec-12 21:35:25

Big grocery box?
Bubble wrap?
Then try senditnow.com - cheaper than Parcelforce, but you can drop off at Post Offices.

MrsJamin Mon 03-Dec-12 21:29:50

Gah I didn't really think it through. It's a job lot of duplo including a large flat baseplate, it's about 40cm square. How on earth can I pack it? sad

fergoose Mon 03-Dec-12 15:37:32

did you not write collection only on the listing?

catkind Mon 03-Dec-12 14:45:30

Try a courier? they can be surprisingly cheap.

FannyFifer Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:56

What on earth is unable to be posted?
The person has bought item in good faith, basically a contract with yourself so you need to find a way to get if to them.

Lougle Mon 03-Dec-12 14:39:41

How large is it, and how much have they paid for postage? We might be able to find a solution.

Did you not investigate how much it would cost to post before you listed it?

MrsJamin Mon 03-Dec-12 14:38:11

I have really messed up and sold an item to someone I have to post to, and the item is just not postable, it's such a ridiculously large size sad I want to give the money back to the ebayer - how can I do that? I can't see a link to do it from the product's page.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now