The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

To sell as suit or separates?

(5 Posts)
EcoLady Sun 02-Dec-12 14:44:40

I've got a BNWT Next suit - had always planned to have the trousers professionally shortened but never got around to it. It's been in the wardrobe with the labels etc still on for about 2 years! I've since lost lots of weight so decided to eBay it.

The jacket is size 16.
The trousers are size 14.

So, do I list as two separate items with a note on each to say that the other part is available on another listing, or do I list it as a suit?

Thanks!

fergoose Sun 02-Dec-12 14:52:52

I would list separate, but in title as well as description write 'part of suit' and I would offer a generous postage discount on multiple purchases, so if one person wants both they save on postage costs.

EcoLady Sun 02-Dec-12 15:11:05

Thank you :-) I will do exactly that.

EcoLady Sun 09-Dec-12 17:48:10

Just wanted to say Thanks again Fergoose. They each attracted bids from several different people and there was just one bidder in common .... they won both :-)

LineysChristmasNamey Mon 10-Dec-12 00:34:04

Bizarrely, it may be cheaper to post as two packages if going via Royal Mail. I found this once with a suit - I sent the jacket for £2.20 and the trousers for £2.20, but together it would have been £6.50. Crazy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now