This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Someone using my pics

(26 Posts)
DillyDallyDayDream Sun 02-Dec-12 14:19:17

Recently sold a pushchair on eBay, have no searched again for the same type of pushchair and have found a seller using my pics to sell on the pushchair I sold them at a higher price.

Is there anything I can do about them using my pics?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 02-Dec-12 14:44:25

Yes, complain to eBay that the seller is breaching your copyright.

NotInGuatemalaNowDrRopata Sun 02-Dec-12 14:49:24

Just totally out of interest, why is it bothering you?

I'm thinking that if the same thing happened to me, whether I would be bothered and I don't think I would.... I would be annoyed they were selling the thing on for more, like maybe I'd missed a trick.

DillyDallyDayDream Sun 02-Dec-12 15:44:57

Am annoyed as in the corner of the pic is the last letters on my number plate, in another one there is a young family member half in the pic

fergoose Sun 02-Dec-12 15:55:27

you are quite right to be annoyed - it is against the rules to steal your pic. Report to ebay and they will end the listing and warn the seller.

DillyDallyDayDream Sun 02-Dec-12 17:25:45

It's saying I can't report it as the item I was selling has ended

fergoose Sun 02-Dec-12 17:26:18

go on live chat and report from there?

DillyDallyDayDream Sun 02-Dec-12 17:28:14

Will try when on comp thanks

DillyDallyDayDream Mon 03-Dec-12 23:35:10

eBay cant do anything as I deleted my listing do lost item numbet

MNP Mon 03-Dec-12 23:36:54

Do you not have it listed in your feedback?

DillyDallyDayDream Mon 03-Dec-12 23:39:00

The buyer dint receive feedback,

fergoose Mon 03-Dec-12 23:41:44

go to goofbay and search for what items the buyer has bought - you can get the item number from there.

YeahBuddy Mon 03-Dec-12 23:42:45

Is it not in your selling history? How long ago did you sell it?

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a little while ago, only I hadn't even sent the bloody pushchair out to the guy and he lied about its condition. But looking at his feedback, he does it all the time! You should be annoyed about your pics being used, it's a really shitty thing to do IMO.

DillyDallyDayDream Mon 03-Dec-12 23:45:35

Was about 4/5 weeks ago. Recently deleted all my sold items that had been collected/posted as there were lots!

Am fuming about this -especially as it has a young family member of mine half in the in the pic & the last part of my number plate

timeforachangebaby Mon 03-Dec-12 23:57:24

So what? If you weren't happy with the child/number plate - you shouldn't have posted then yourself.

It prob doesn't suit and he was being lazy but it's hardly a big deal

timeforachangebaby Mon 03-Dec-12 23:58:00

You can get your deleted items back look up on eBay help

fergoose Mon 03-Dec-12 23:58:12
dizzyday07 Tue 04-Dec-12 00:21:42

Look through the invoice for the month it sold in your seller account and you should find it there

lljkk Thu 06-Dec-12 11:08:59

Didn't we have similar, recently, someone's pram was being sold on with the claim of "barely used" when actually it had been heavily used by the original seller. The original seller wanted to report the sell-on listing to Ebay HQ as false description or somesuch. What happened to that case?

Why did you use the pictures originally yourself if they contain info you find so sensitive?

It sounds like claiming picture copyright & Ebay rules infringement is just a pretext for the fact you're peeved they'll get a higher price for the items.

YeahBuddy Thu 06-Dec-12 11:15:18

lljkk, could have been mine. Sold a pushchair on eBay and the guy had it up with my pictures and my description before the courier had even picked it up from my house. Only he'd edited the description to say it was in perfect condition when it wasnt?

CluffyDude Thu 06-Dec-12 11:33:27

I've had the same thing happen when I sold my old pushchair on eBay.

It didn't bother me.

You put a pic with part of your number plate and a bit of a small child on the Internet, so it's seems a bit daft to be annoyed about it.

Aside from that do you actually have copy right over the pictures?

lljkk Thu 06-Dec-12 11:34:29

What happened after that, YeahBuddy?

YeahBuddy Thu 06-Dec-12 16:16:43

I spoke to eBay who said they would remove the listing because it is against eBay rules to use other people pictures. I don't think it's to do with copyright, more that it's not actually a true likeness of the thing you actually have in front of you. I haven't explained that too well but I can't remember exactly how they put it to me.
I sent the seller a message saying I was refunding his money and that his listing was about to be removed by eBay.

For me, it wasnt about the money or the pictures, it was about the fact that he was lying to somebody buying something in good faith, which is generally what you do with second hand things on eBay. Plus the fact the listing ended an hour after the courier was due to pick it up so what if something had gone wrong? Had the pushchair not still been in my possession I probably wouldn't have been that bothered.

lljkk Thu 06-Dec-12 17:40:44

You still had the pushchair when he went ahead & listed it for resale? shock.

That takes brass, sheesh.

YeahBuddy Thu 06-Dec-12 23:42:48

Worst part is lljkk that I'm apparently not the only person he has done this to angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now