The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

I think a buyer might not pay, what do I do?

(2 Posts)
fergoose Sat 01-Dec-12 22:47:11

just open the non paying bidder case and close it in 4 days to get your fees back. then you can relist or do a second chance offer.

LadyFlumpalot Sat 01-Dec-12 22:33:23

Help! I'm pretty new to selling on eBay and last week I put my Nintendo Wii up for sale. It was bumbling along steadily until the last 2 minutes when load sof bids were placed.

After it was over, I went to message the guy that won to thank him for bidding when I saw that he only had one feedback which was - "BEWARE! Buyer did not pay" - this was left as a positive though.

I messaged him anyway and asked for payment ASAP so that I could sort postage, no reply and no payment. I messaged again this morning and said that in light of his one and only feedback, I would appreciate payment or a reply within 48 hours.

Still no reply and no payment.

My gut says I won't receive payment for this item, do I just relist it or do I have to go through a dispute process first? How long do you need to leave it before you can do either of those things?

Cheers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now