This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Only four stars for communication?!

(5 Posts)
lljkk Sun 02-Dec-12 22:28:35

Because (the star system is stupid and we should all boycott it and most buyers don't understand it and why should they have to gain a qualification in it, anyway, by reading all the fine print??) most buyers think that 3 or 4 stars sounds fine. 3 or 4 stars Sounds like "average". Nothing special, nothing bad, perfectly adequate. Whereas Ebay expects 5 stars even when there's no reason for seller to do any extra comms.

SavoyCabbage Sat 01-Dec-12 23:58:06

I always send a message that says

"Hello, I posted this off to you today. Jane"

BikeRunSki Sat 01-Dec-12 22:52:16

Maybe you could also send a personal message? I dunno, it seems that that is what the "mark as despatched" function is for!

knackeredmother Sat 01-Dec-12 22:49:00

I got marked down on communication and feedback actually stated 'poor communication' by a buyer who didn't recieve her item despite me sending it promptly. The first I knew of it was when she opened a case against me and left her 'por communication' feedback comment.
I then refunded immeadiately and sent her a message to say if she had let me know I would have refunded without a case and I was sorry she didn't recieve the item.
. I still can't fathom how I was supposed to communicate with her about something I didn't know about!
eBay removed the comment as I was so pissed off I complained.

Footface Sat 01-Dec-12 20:57:47

Can anyone please tell me how they communicate with their buyers as I've been marked down by a few and I'm not really sure why?

When payment has been made I send the item within two working days and then mark the item as sent in the mobile app. What else should I be doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now