This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Crappy Ebay Saga, any advise?

(8 Posts)
fergoose Fri 30-Nov-12 14:44:52

actually scrap that you can't open a case not received anyway if you already did a not as described case - prob just as well.

fergoose Fri 30-Nov-12 14:43:55

hmm - well report the listing as stolen, go to the police, keep a copy of the listing saved as a document and also printed - and tell the seller you will take her to small claims court for your money is my advice.

The seller should have posted it to you with a signature. Without proof of delivery you could open a not received case and get ebay to refund you that way - not sure on the ethics of that. But you have no longer got your item, so could argue you haven't received it. Dunno - is v tempting to tell you to do that - but not sure on the morals of it! I guess you could argue the seller has no morals either. But if you opened a not received case she would prob send you and empty envelope recorded delivery to prove you have received 'something'. Your seller is clearly dishonest!

Did you pay by credit card or a bank card verified by visa - if so you could claw the money back that way?

toatyweequean Fri 30-Nov-12 13:59:31

Ebay told me to try and resolve the issue with the seller before escalating it any further and we hadn't agreed anything at that point. We emailed each other, seller was a bit arsy for a bit but eventually agreed to cover the full initial cost and also the return postage as I was reluctant to shell out even more money to send it back (wedding on the way along with christmas for 2 small children) so just posted it using the method they used to send it to me.

fergoose Fri 30-Nov-12 13:52:31

ok - you should have sent back with proof of delivery - didn't ebay tell you to send it back trackable

toatyweequean Fri 30-Nov-12 13:49:54

It was £45, with another £9 return postage to send it back to them. It could have been worse I suppose but I assumed that the conclusive proof that they've received it from me is the fact that they relisted it yesterday! It is the same blooming dress for gods sake.

fergoose Fri 30-Nov-12 13:46:46

unless you go to the police?

fergoose Fri 30-Nov-12 13:45:53

nothing you can do except claim from royal mail. No proof of delivery if you didnt send with a signature

How much was it?

toatyweequean Fri 30-Nov-12 13:44:41

Long story short, I bought a wedding dress on ebay listed as new with tags. Was very happy, took it to a dressmaker to make alterations who advised it was not new, had indeed been vastly altered and the extra fabric had been cut off and was therefor unusable for me. Contacted the seller, who eventually (after opening a case) agreed to refund all costs once the dress was returned. Dress was duly returned via royal mail but seller now not responding to email, and ebay unwilling to refund as I have no tracking number but they are contacting the seller. Went to check sellers account activity, wondering if they have been off ebay hence the no replying only to discover they have relisted the dress and are still selling it as brand new!! Ebay now say that i have to leave the case for 10 days and then appeal. Meanwhile, the seller is ripping off some other poor mug?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now