This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Trivial Feedback etiquette question

(3 Posts)
LineRunner Thu 29-Nov-12 22:49:11

I wait till after the buyer has left feedback, so I know they are [allegedly] happy.

fergoose Thu 29-Nov-12 20:36:36

there is no right time - makes no odds and is up to you. There is nothing to be gained by waiting to see if they neg you as you can't leave them a neg anyway, or a neg statement, nor is there a rule you have to leave it immediately.

but you don't have to leave any at all - feedback is purely voluntary and a surprisingly high amount of people never leave any. It is not an integral part of the transaction.

Trazzletoes Thu 29-Nov-12 20:33:06

Silly question, I'm sure but I don't often sell on eBay... I've recently started selling a few things and don't know when is the right time to leave feedback for the buyer.

Do I do it ASAP - ie once they've paid but before they've actually received the item? Or is it better to wait a couple of days for the item to have arrived (so I know whether or not they are going to be a pita about anything)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now