This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Please help me with tactics (buying) - auction closes in 2 hours. What to do?

(11 Posts)
mothmagnet Wed 05-Dec-12 22:22:41

Thanks, that's a relief to know, I thought it would be forever on there.

fergoose Wed 05-Dec-12 21:13:57

you just need to mark it as paid in your ebay.

mothmagnet Wed 05-Dec-12 21:02:29

Thanks to the advice on this thread, I've just won a much-wanted item in a last minute bidding flurry. I also used the fergoose method and it was brilliant thanks

Also, the seller says cash on collection is better, but how do I 'not pay'?

unclefluffy Wed 28-Nov-12 20:19:51

Only because of this handy nest of vipers! grin

fergoose Wed 28-Nov-12 20:03:59

so glad it worked and what a bargain too smile And you are not a useless newbie

unclefluffy Wed 28-Nov-12 19:54:29

Yes I did! Used the fergoose method and snapped up a bargain for £2.25! Thanks again for the help for a useless newbie.

dizzyday07 Wed 28-Nov-12 17:42:36

did you win it?

unclefluffy Wed 28-Nov-12 12:39:13

I think sniping may be for next time - it does sound handy, though. I'm going to go with fergoose's excellent sounding plan. It's low tech, so it might just work for me! Thanks so much, chaps.

Use a sniping service and then forget about it until it is over.

I use http://www.gixen.com/index.php.

fergoose Wed 28-Nov-12 12:11:06

no don't bid now - I bid in the last 10 seconds or less, bid once your highest amount and make it odd, so instead of bidding say £10 go at £10.37.

unclefluffy Wed 28-Nov-12 11:47:19

I'm new to this and need help! I have my eye on a dress. The auction closes in two hours. There are two bids on the dress right now, one of which was last night and one about an hour ago. Should I bid now? Or wait until the end? And how close to the end? Never done this before and feeling a bit clueless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now