This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

A 2nd class package is £2.20 -am I missing something

(77 Posts)
sherbetpips Wed 21-Nov-12 11:38:24

So as far as I know a package (not a letter) sent 2nd class in the uk is £2.20. So why do buyers on eBay try to make complaints about postage. I have had feedback comments with 'postage expensive, etc. Usually eBay remove them from serial complainers but am I missing something - are the post office ripping me off?

YouOldSlag Tue 04-Dec-12 07:58:00

I always give 5 if problem free, 4 if it's a bit slow but still reasonable, and I gave one star for the rob dog who charged me 7 quid for a bottle of perfume and only paid 2.20.

sarahtigh Tue 04-Dec-12 10:13:52

exactly 5 stars if problem free, no rip off everything as described

what ebay should say is

5 stars everything is fine exactly what they said i would get i got for reasonable price arrived on or before estimated date
4 stars a minor niggle slight overcharging, a bit slow maybe 1-2 days late
3 stars overcharged small faults not mentioned but nothing terrible or very late and needed to chse but fine in the end
2 stars major problems seller reluctant to put right but eventuially did
1 star major problems had to open case very unhelpful overcharged to point of fraud

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now