The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Ending auction early?

(7 Posts)
shugfish Wed 21-Nov-12 22:03:31

Thanks, that's what I thought. She want to give me a lower price off eBay but I'd rather play by the rules.

fergoose Wed 21-Nov-12 21:55:50

no - not allowed. They can bid their max and you can end to them at that price, or you can add a buy it now to the listing.

shugfish Wed 21-Nov-12 21:49:09

Quick update. Buyer wants me to send her an invoice on paypal and presumably stop auction on eBay. I know this is a dappy question but this isn't allowed is it? I don't feel comfortable with it if it is as I'm trying to build up good feedback and continue ebaying to fund current maternity leave.

shugfish Tue 20-Nov-12 22:33:09

Thanks, I didn't think of that.
I don't want to sell outside of eBay seems even more hassle and potential for nightmare buyers

imtheonlyone Tue 20-Nov-12 22:33:09

Yes you can end the auction whenever you like as long as not within the last 24 hrs. You don't have to give a reason.
Negotiate your own price!!!!

cerealqueen Tue 20-Nov-12 22:28:36

You could add a BIN price to the listing as you are not supposed to sell outside of ebay. I have no idea if people do though!

shugfish Tue 20-Nov-12 22:27:03

I'm selling a new pram hood and the listing ends on Sunday.
Someone has messaged me to ask "what sort of price are you looking for?"
Can I end the auction early and sell to this person? And what sort of price d I ask for. I was thinking of saying £30 (last few have sold for around £25-30 but are used)
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now