This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer hasn't paid yet

(8 Posts)
CatsRule Tue 20-Nov-12 21:34:17

How long do buyers have to pay. My item was bought on Saturday night and they buyer hasn't paid yet? I have emailed them twice and sent an invoice. I don't want to sound too pushy by emailing again!

fergoose Tue 20-Nov-12 22:08:12

you can open a case on day 4 - then close it 4 days later to get your fees back. No point emailing and sending more invoices in my experience. If they aren't going to pay just get the case opened, and closed, then you can relist or do a 2nd chance offer

CatsRule Tue 20-Nov-12 22:55:17

I'll do that...thanks for the advice.

I've bought plenty on ebay but this is my first time selling.

sherbetpips Wed 21-Nov-12 11:32:07

I usually wait a week, people go on holiday, etc. I always email the invoice and on the 7th day ask if they will be paying.

fergoose Wed 21-Nov-12 11:38:51

If you open the case on day 4 the buyer does have another 4 days to pay before it closes - and emailing them isn't going to make them pay I reckon. If they aren't going to pay there is no point hanging around waiting.

CatsRule Wed 21-Nov-12 12:04:54

I have looked at the buyers feedback, I don't know why I never thought to look before now, and it looks loke they have not paid quite a few times before.

I just don't want any bad feedback, I haven't done anything wrong, their feedback has said they haven't paid and sometimes left bad feedback for others!

Not sure how to avoid this!?

fergoose Wed 21-Nov-12 12:17:15

they won't be able to leave any feedback if you open the non paying bidder case and then close it.

CatsRule Wed 21-Nov-12 18:26:36

Great thanks for that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now