This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buy it now dilema

(2 Posts)
Prizepudding Tue 20-Nov-12 19:33:11

I have an item listed for £5, it still has over 4 days to run and have had contact from someone who has offered to buy it now for £10 plus p&p. I can't decide if I should go for this or not, there is potential for it to go for more than this but also have seen the same item go for less. Also, if I change the ad to BIN, do eBay charge you more and how does this work for the interested buyer, would I need to let her now when I was amending to BIN in order for her to secure it and hope nobody else does. It only has 5 watchers at the moment but that doesn't really indicate whether this could get lots of bidders and a higher price. I hate dilemas like this, any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

cerealqueen Tue 20-Nov-12 22:27:04

I had this same issue, I agreed a price based on completed listings then emailed buyer and told her when I was adding the BIN, with a proviso that if somebody else got to it first then there was nothing I could do. I added onto the cost of the BIN listing price too, which is 40p.

Why not negotiate and say you want more eg £15 and then you could negotiate to a mid point?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now