This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Feedback dilemma on purchased item.....

(29 Posts)
amck5700 Mon 19-Nov-12 23:03:53

I bought a polo shirt for my son described as New without Tags - the auction finished last Sunday and the item arrived today. However, when i say arrived, my neighbour took it from the postman as he didn't want to put it through the letterbox - It was packaged in a brown envelope only - it's been pee-ing down so envelope was basically disintegrated and the shirt was hanging out - when I got home my neighbour gave me a wet t-shirt and a piece of brown paper that used to be the envelope!

Anyway, there are stains on the front of the t-shirt - they could have conceivably have come from the envelope or something else in the mailbag but to me they actually look like old stains.

Also, the t-shirt has been washed as I can smell the fabric conditioner - I have a sensitive nose to it as we can't use it because of my OHs allergies.

I only paid 99p but the postage charge was 4.75.

They have 14 pieces of feedback - most positive and one neural where they hadn't put enough post on the parcel.

WWYD?

Pinot Wed 21-Nov-12 14:56:16

I'm annoyed on your behalf. Shall we have some gin later and send them evil thoughts? grin

amck5700 Wed 21-Nov-12 15:03:34

Pinot - i'd rather have the Pinot! - Can't stand Gin grin

Yeah, it's the cheek that is annoying me - they seem like a fairly new seller - so i was giving benefit of the doubt initially. Anyway - not going to give any more correspondence with them for now - i've sent in a report to ebay. I'm convinced the stain was there - does anyone routinely wash items that are new? and if so, you would just say - "this was new but it's been out of the packet and hanging about the house so i have washed it to freshen it up", not ignore the question and just say your goods are fresh - I'm not disputing that it smelled nice :O

It's possible that something else in the posties bag stained it so again i can't proved anything.

Pinot Wed 21-Nov-12 15:04:45

wine for you
[gin] for me
[kick in the balls] for them

<everyone happy>

amck5700 Wed 21-Nov-12 15:05:57

lol - I like your style smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now