This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Very new to eBay and have a buyer that won't pay, any advice gratefully taken!

(10 Posts)
TobyLerone Sat 17-Nov-12 19:40:34

That's what I wondered, MrsZ. All they would say was that they have 'policies' regarding NPBs and that they would take 'the appropriate action' after the appropriate number of non-payment strikes were on the person's account. And that they couldn't discuss eBay policies with me.

MrsZoidberg Sat 17-Nov-12 13:16:33

So if all the people who had left "false positives" had also started NPBs, then how are these people still buying?

My block bidders settings was set to block if they had more than 2 NPBs in 1 month, I've now set it to 12 months, if all sellers did this, then serial non-payers wouldn't be able to buy.

We also have the Report Buyer button - so do so on any buyers who have form (assuming it's in their feedback that they've done this)

And obviously add them to your Blocked Buyers list.

OneTwoOrThree Sat 17-Nov-12 13:01:41

Ah. That explains it then! What a crappy set up.

Thanks for your help though.

TobyLerone Sat 17-Nov-12 12:09:52

I had a buyer exactly like this recently. Every bit of his feedback said that he hadn't paid.

I had a rant to eBay about how his account should obviously be suspended, how ridiculous their 'no negative feedback from sellers' policy is, and how clearly they are biased towards the buyer.

Imagine how many fucks they gave.

fergoose Sat 17-Nov-12 12:01:23

not able to leave a neg for a buyer, nor are you allowed to leave a neg statement on a positive rating.

OneTwoOrThree Sat 17-Nov-12 12:00:19

Very helpful thread, as I suspect I am heading towards the same situation sad

My problem buyer has 100% positive feedback, but when I read the comments it's clear that they 'have form' for not paying. Why do people leave them positive feedback, and not negative feedback?

TobyLerone Fri 16-Nov-12 21:36:22

Oh, sadly it happens often.

muriel76 Fri 16-Nov-12 21:25:02

Thanks so much for your help. I have found the non payment case thing and registered it. Hopefully that will resolve it one way or another but how odd to bid for something and then apparently not want it. But maybe it happens all the time! As I said I am new to all this!

Thanks again.

TobyLerone Fri 16-Nov-12 20:44:42

You can open a case with eBay after 4 days from the end of the listing. EBay will then contact they buyer and tell them they need to pay. If they haven't responded to eBay after a further 4 days, you can close the case and relist it (or offer it to the next highest bidder).

muriel76 Fri 16-Nov-12 20:40:50

Evening all

I have started ebaying after a big clear out and I sold a ps2 last Saturday.

I sent an invoice on sun/mon (can't remember which day and I'm not sure how to check) but have not had payment.

I messaged the buyer once on Tuesday and once yesterday asking if there was a problem because if there is I am happy to relist it but no replies.

This buyer has 100% rating and is getting positive feedback as recently as yesterday and Wednesday. I am really confused by her non response.

What are my options? Am I allowed just to relist it? Am I being unreasonable expecting a payment this quick - the other two things is have sold the people paid straight away with no invoice.

Thanks so much for any advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now