The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Restrictions on PayPal account?

(8 Posts)
janx Fri 16-Nov-12 21:35:24

It was addressed to me - I saw the email on my phone and then logged onto my computer. What I'm confused about is there is no message about this when I logged on. I will give them a call - thanks for advice

SweetMingePie Fri 16-Nov-12 20:55:53

Oh really? I'm just going off information from paypal when I was getting loads of them a while ago. Damn hoaxers are getting better.

JKSLtd Fri 16-Nov-12 20:52:41

One of my hoax ones was addressed:

Dear <first name>
blah blah

And at the bottom, it even said legitimate emails from Paypal would be addressed:
Dear <first name> <last name>

so they hadn't even bothered to follow the rules!

Could be a hoax, I get messages like this that go to my junk mail folder, the true PayPal ones go straight to my PayPal folder.
I'd ignore the email, log into PayPal on a different computer and see if there is anything on your PayPal about it.

SweetMingePie Fri 16-Nov-12 20:50:48

Was the email addressed to your name or did it say dear paypal user.if the latter then it is spam/hoax. Do NOT open the link.

Any emails sent from paypal will be addressed directly to you.

Forward it to spam@paypal.co.uk

JKSLtd Fri 16-Nov-12 20:47:10

Be careful - it may be a hoax message, i've had them before, rung Paypal and they've said it was spam and to forward it to them.

Tazmosis Fri 16-Nov-12 20:44:52

You need to have your account verified - ring them and they will explain. It's fairly simple but a pita.

janx Fri 16-Nov-12 12:25:17

I've just had an email from PayPal saying they have put restrictions on my account - in various categories - sending money was one of them. It said I would have a message when I logged on to account.... But it doesn't. Any idea what that's all about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now