This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Restrictions on PayPal account?

(8 Posts)
janx Fri 16-Nov-12 12:25:17

I've just had an email from PayPal saying they have put restrictions on my account - in various categories - sending money was one of them. It said I would have a message when I logged on to account.... But it doesn't. Any idea what that's all about?

Tazmosis Fri 16-Nov-12 20:44:52

You need to have your account verified - ring them and they will explain. It's fairly simple but a pita.

JKSLtd Fri 16-Nov-12 20:47:10

Be careful - it may be a hoax message, i've had them before, rung Paypal and they've said it was spam and to forward it to them.

SweetMingePie Fri 16-Nov-12 20:50:48

Was the email addressed to your name or did it say dear paypal user.if the latter then it is spam/hoax. Do NOT open the link.

Any emails sent from paypal will be addressed directly to you.

Forward it to spam@paypal.co.uk

Could be a hoax, I get messages like this that go to my junk mail folder, the true PayPal ones go straight to my PayPal folder.
I'd ignore the email, log into PayPal on a different computer and see if there is anything on your PayPal about it.

JKSLtd Fri 16-Nov-12 20:52:41

One of my hoax ones was addressed:

Dear <first name>
blah blah

And at the bottom, it even said legitimate emails from Paypal would be addressed:
Dear <first name> <last name>

so they hadn't even bothered to follow the rules!

SweetMingePie Fri 16-Nov-12 20:55:53

Oh really? I'm just going off information from paypal when I was getting loads of them a while ago. Damn hoaxers are getting better.

janx Fri 16-Nov-12 21:35:24

It was addressed to me - I saw the email on my phone and then logged onto my computer. What I'm confused about is there is no message about this when I logged on. I will give them a call - thanks for advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now