This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay experts - need your advice - offer to buy it now

(6 Posts)
PostBellumBugsy Fri 16-Nov-12 10:04:19

I've got a top on at 99p in a 5 day auction, which is unlikely to go for vast sums of money. I've had a buyer email me to ask if they could buy it now for £6.00, which seems very reasonable. Is it some kind of scam or can they / I do that? If I can, how do I do it?

fergoose Fri 16-Nov-12 10:05:44

no not a scam - you can just add a buy it now price to the listing and then they just check out as normal. You don't have to if you don't want to though - your choice.

PostBellumBugsy Fri 16-Nov-12 10:31:46

Thank you fergoose - I'll have a think.

Yokel Fri 16-Nov-12 10:34:10

I get this from time to time when I sell stuff. I never end the auction early - and I've never sold anything for less than the price offered to do so. If they want it, they can bid for it! (besides, the whole fun of selling stuff on ebay is seeing the bidding war break out 30 minutes from the end...)

PostBellumBugsy Fri 16-Nov-12 10:41:47

That's interesting Yokel. No one else is even watching it yet, so I'll see how it goes for a bit longer.

lljkk Fri 16-Nov-12 13:05:43

I have turned down offers only to have the item not sell at all.

I'd leap at £6 for a 99p top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now