The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

I've got two buyers interested in an item

(4 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Wed 14-Nov-12 19:44:11

I've got an item listed with a fixed price. It's on day 11 (30day listing) and I had my first interested buyer today asking if I'd do a deal on two of the items I have listed. They also wanted to know how soon I could get it to them. I replied with the amount I'd like for both and that I could deliver it, in person, on Saturday but heard nothing back.

Meanwhile, I had an offer made on the one item which I declined then they offered an amount that I'd be happy to receive but I feel like I should wait for buyer one to say whether they're interested or not before I accept buyer 2's offer. On the otherhand, if buyer one doesn't want either item and I wait too long to accept buyer 2's offer I might not sell that damn thing at all!!

I really want this stuff sold and out of the way!

fergoose Wed 14-Nov-12 20:00:55

difficult call - I always think who pays first is the winner. but if you are delivering whatever you do don't take paypal, cash only.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Wed 14-Nov-12 21:02:22

I know, it is a difficult call.

I'm going to give buyer 1 until tomorrow then email to let them know that someone else is interested.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 15-Nov-12 17:38:34

No word from buyer 1 by this morning so I accepted buyer 2's offer to then discover that they wanted to collect (bonusgrin) and have already collected it!

I'm a happy ebayer today grin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now