The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Trying to list a pair of DKNY trousers, and Ebay gives me a warning about counterfeit items

(14 Posts)
NotQuintAtAllOhNo Tue 13-Nov-12 19:48:36

In case there is a problem, I think I will wait with listing until after next weekend anyway, as we have listed all my sons wii games!

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Tue 13-Nov-12 19:47:47

They are childrens...

Boys cargo pants in size 5. Absolutely gorgeous.

But the ended listings show lots of stuff with 0 bids.

lljkk Tue 13-Nov-12 13:17:35

Do not list for 99p, wait for a Free listings weekend (should be either coming weekend or the one after).

I get that warning all the time, often on stuff that isn't remotely ... label or anything. It's a warning for foreign counterfeiters, I guess.

I have been looking on Ebay to buy DKNY for months! But I want something slightly unusual (US size 2 long shock). I am not that small or tall, but I know that's size I need. confused And I was trying to avoid paying more than £50 delivered (many auctions start well above £50).

I am very surprised that you think they won't sell. I'd be fairly confident they would sell quite well unless an even freakier size than mine.

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Tue 13-Nov-12 08:45:43

Thanks, I did not think about the advanced search. Looks like nobody is buying DKNY any more! Things dont shift even at 99p!

My feedback score should be fine, it is in triple figures - just! Been on eBay for nearly 10 years, just using it very infrequently! grin

If you are new to Ebay get your feedback score up into double figured first by buying a few bits. Then do an 'advanced search' for dkny trousers click on 'completed listings' and have a look to see how much others have sold for - the sold prices are in green.

If you start at 99p you run the risk of only getting 99p for them, would you be happy with that? Make sure you get some good photos, that they are clean and you list the measurements too. Hope this helps.

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Mon 12-Nov-12 20:49:06

Ok, So I wont worry! grin thanks

How much do you reckon I should start it on? 99p?

You really dont have to worry about receipts.

TeWiDoesTheHulaInHawaii Mon 12-Nov-12 20:18:10

I had this yesterday - put a really clear photo of the label and if anyone from eBay does look at the listing I'm sure it will be fine.

CaptainKirksNipples Mon 12-Nov-12 20:12:57

I wouldn't worry about it, it probably helps eBay avoid prosecution too? They are warning against it and it still goes on iykwim. Can't stand looking for converse only to find they are from next, or uggs that actually come from tesco!

If you want to make more money make sure one of the photos is of the inside label, this usually works for me.

pmgkt Mon 12-Nov-12 20:12:36

as second says it is standard with any named goods. it is just a reminder that if you list fake items you are breaking the law. if you know they are genuine then you have nothing to worry about. if it ever became an issue there are other ways to tell if its real or fake other than tags.

That is standard, happens all the time with me. Just a warning to those selling fakes. Dont worry about it.

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Mon 12-Nov-12 20:08:37

No, I am just concerned, as I dont have the receipt, it was a gift from my husbands aunt to my son, she bought it in Oxford Street, Debenhams I reckon, it had tags.

But I have of course thrown away the tags. I just dont want to get "done" for selling counterfeit goods!

There are lots of numbers on the inside of the label though.

CaptainKirksNipples Mon 12-Nov-12 20:05:58

I always get the warning but have never been challenged on it. Are they stopping you listing?

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Mon 12-Nov-12 20:03:36

Does anybody know how I can prove it is authentic?
Are there any numbers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now