The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Really dippy question about PayPal fees

(3 Posts)
MirandaWest Sat 10-Nov-12 20:48:04

Won an item earlier on today and paid straight away. Seller sent me a message saying she'd put the wrong PayPal address on so could I cancel it and send payment to her actual address.

I made a payment but wasn't sure what sort to make it as when I tried to do eBay item it said I needed to go through eBay checkout and I was concerned it would go to the wrong address again. I did goods and it went through. However she sent me a message saying it was only for £x when it should have been for £y. I checked and I did make the right amount. Would this have been the normal fees? I offered to cancel it and try some other way but surely that's always what happens when you take PayPal payments?

She said she'd leave it for 34p but I'm wondering if I did accidentally do something wrong (is ages since I've sold on eBay so can't remember how the PayPal fees work)

fergoose Sat 10-Nov-12 20:51:33

no you did nothing wrong - the fees were deducted at source

she shouldn't have asked you to pay to another email address - she could have added the wrong email address to her paypal and accepted the payment that way.

MirandaWest Sat 10-Nov-12 20:58:41

Thank you - glad I wasn't going mad grin

I did offer to send her a screenshot of the transaction to show I had sent the right amount which seemed to make her decide to not follow it up. She said shed added the eBay app and made a typo in her address which she had thought she'd corrected but it was still coming up with the old one confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now