This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

If refund issued, seller then tries to cancel transaction (to get fees back) and buyer refuses

(6 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Fri 16-Nov-12 18:02:37

I thought that'd be the case sad. Buyer only sent the item today so my mind is going into overdrive again about the condition of the item when I get it back. I wonder how things would be resolved if the item has been used by the buyer.

I really should get a life and stopping wasting so much time on eBay related stuff blushblush.

Anyway, feeling a bit better about eBay this week, after a couple of successful sales.

lljkk Fri 16-Nov-12 13:04:17

I have been stung this way sad. I think best strategy is to informally Contact Buyer first and say you would like to cancel, is that okay, have to grovel a bit. Wait for them to confirm thru Ebay messaging that they are happy to cancel before going thru Ebay procedure to cancel. Because you can only try to cancel the once, and buyers can't be blamed for not knowing that.

bummer about the £20, though!!!

fergoose Fri 16-Nov-12 10:03:43

no idea tbh - but if they have actually paid you can't claim they haven't. If they don't respond to a cancellation request you will get your fees back that way, but if vindictive they can refuse a cancellation and then you are stumped.

PiedWagtail Thu 15-Nov-12 23:38:44

But that is so unfair, fergoose! How come?

fergoose Sat 10-Nov-12 21:16:09

no you can't in short because they did actually pay. if they refuse the cancellation then you are stuck with the fees.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 10-Nov-12 20:22:25

...stopping the seller get their fees back, could the seller open a non-paying bidder thingy?

Once again, my mind is going into overdrive at possible outcomes of another failed sale. I am waiting for my item to be returned and, once received, will cancel the transaction. The last time I did it, the buyer didn't respond so I waited the 7 days and got my fvf refunded. So I was thinking, if the buyer refused to agree to cancel the sale, could I then open a not-paid dispute?

This would be purely for childish reasons (on my part blush) to make me feel better for the inconvenience caused by the buyer and wouldn't necessarily be something I'd actually do. I just seem to spend a ridiculous amount of time wondering about these things!

Although, thinking about it, the fvf is nearly £20 so I would be miffed if I didn't get it back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now