This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

nothing seems to be selling...what's going well?

(16 Posts)

I've got some things on ebay but it doesnt seem to be going well, I was going to clear out a load of my dd's clothes but I'm thinking now might now be a good time.
Whats selling well atm?

Snog Fri 09-Nov-12 07:10:23

Nowt
Don't waste your time is sadly my advice

dotnet Fri 09-Nov-12 08:22:25

I've never had a good percentage of things selling, the best I seem to be able to hope for is a quarter to a third of the stuff I put up in any one go. Maybe it's the same for nearly everybody. I found it disappointing at first - well, still do, really, but it looks as if that's just the way it is.

notcitrus Fri 09-Nov-12 08:41:51

Good time for young kids toys and potential Christmas presents. Crap for anything else.

bruffin Fri 09-Nov-12 08:44:13

We have sold a few things in the last month but none of it clothes. We sold a hi sleeper, an old mobile, a new valve for boiler and a car stereo. All went for what we wanted or more

Mirage Fri 09-Nov-12 09:44:17

I sell a lot of vintage stuff,which is going well,and bizarrely,anything crocheted is selling,but embroidered linen/tablecloths aren't.

autumnfrost Fri 09-Nov-12 09:57:06

Marks and spencers clothes not going well as usual/Party dresses for Christmas from good names are selling ok

ontheedgeofwhatever Fri 09-Nov-12 10:37:29

I am finding the same. I've got 12 auctions running at the moment and only have bids on 2 of them. The rest have no interest - no watchers, no bids nothing

I was going to sell lots of dd's old clothes. I'm just going to let these auctions run their course put on a few party dresses and some toys and keep everything else until February Its not worth my while at the moment

I'm thinking of putting a load of toys on, hoping people will be on the look out for cheap xmas presents.

I always check recent completed listings before I list things, good way of knowing what is selling, what isn't how much to charge for postage, what things are going for, etc.

Haven't listed anything for ages though as can't be bothered with the faff. I found I sold a LOT of stuff very quickly through a local FB selling page in the summer holidays. Sold all sorts quickly, free, and with no hassle.

BlueberryHill Fri 09-Nov-12 12:03:08

I've put on some toys, they have gone really well, quite surprised actually, clothes have gone less well.

lljkk Fri 09-Nov-12 12:28:21

Toys. Children's clothes suitable for parties or weddings. Fancy dress kid clothes. Not great prices, but they do shift.

lagoonhaze Fri 09-Nov-12 12:38:33

Ive sold loads on FB pages but recently died down so tried ebay.

Spent last weekend listing about 30 items of clothes and a buggysnuggle and new clarks boots on BIN. One bid so far on auction, no watchers and one BIN sold. Surprised the snowsuits etc havent got any interest.

Im going to simply relist on each free lisiting and hope they eventually sell.

I'll try sorting toys then, I was hoping to get some cash together for xmas! All the rest will have to wait until after xmas. I've had some sleeping bags for sale and had to keep relisting them eventually selling one at 99p!

lljkk Sat 10-Nov-12 09:39:08

Especially small toys (esp. for small people) that appeal as stocking stuffers.

BlueberryHill Sat 10-Nov-12 10:56:39

Ifancy, do you have any NCT NNS near you, I find them pretty good at selling mursery items, plus you get rid of a lot in one go.

Snowflakepie Mon 12-Nov-12 14:15:10

Gift items seem to be doing ok, sold some CDs for more than on amazon (bizarre) and some nice party clothes went well too. Can't be bothered with kids clothes now, too many nutters out there. They'll be going to the next NCT sale, far less hassle and still some decent money to be made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now