The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

item not received - seller wants me toclaim against PO

(6 Posts)
SlimJimBra Mon 12-Nov-12 17:31:24

Seller was ok and she refunded without a problem <phew> I don't know why the listing said I'd have to chase it for compensation from the PO when she didn't really quibble over the refund in the end!

PiedWagtail Thu 08-Nov-12 13:01:51

Yes, they are being an arse. They have to claim, not you.

BlueberryHill Tue 06-Nov-12 11:37:19

I hate it when they include things like that in the listing, against ebay rules and pointless. I avoid listings that include it, I just assume that they are going to be difficult.

fergoose Mon 05-Nov-12 21:46:59

also - if they refuse to claim just get your item not received case opened - ebay will then refund you regardless of what the seller say.

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Mon 05-Nov-12 21:42:37

yes the person who posted it has a contract with the PO. So the seller needs to chase it.

SlimJimBra Mon 05-Nov-12 21:41:52

Listing says in the event of it not being received the seller will forward the post office receipt to me for me to claim, but I think it's up to the seller to claim against the post office isn't it? Could some nice clued up person confirm this for me before I contact them to say it hasn't arrived. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now