The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Just had first complaint

(83 Posts)
ontheedgeofwhatever Sat 03-Nov-12 11:23:13

From a lady claiming top i sent was covered in stains which I'm sure it wasn't. I've asked her to send photos of stains and said I'll issue full refund if she does or said she can return it to me.

I do check clothes carefully and point out flaws but it COULD have slipped through the net without me realising so giving benefit of doubt but I've got photos and can't find any stains

Probably just refund her in the end though

Melfish Wed 07-Nov-12 21:28:26

Thanks for the warning, I was going to list a Peppa Pig top but I don't think I'll bother now. FWIW I don't think you have to cover the return postage in cases like this, if you open an ebay case they usually rule that you refund the original item cost and the postage fee you charged. I assume this is to stop buyers taking the piss with concorde price postage when they try and return things.

chesticles Wed 07-Nov-12 21:33:03

Seems to be a common scam on Ebay. I had a lady say my tops were disgusting, horrible and stained. Sounds very similar to your lady. I was ridiculously hurt by it all. Don't know why but I smarted about it for days. Her story was inconsitent too, first they were for her child, then she said she was bidding on her sisters behalf.
I did refund her, it was only £2. But it grated as I knew it was a scam.
Given up on ebay now.

I've had a bit more luck with FB selling pages, but I have a separate account as I literally don't want to air my very clean linen in public.

One friend has just had a terrible experience with that though - threats about bringing an item back to her door to 'do her in' shock

aimingtobeaperfectionist Thu 08-Nov-12 17:01:31

Is it back yet?

ontheedgeofwhatever Thu 08-Nov-12 17:45:09

I have a note from the post office to say there is a parcel with underpaid postage waiting for me at the sorting office I am nto sure I can be bothered picking it up. Not expecting anything else so may just leave it there. My life is too short and this has cost me too much already

I sold the other top last night. The've not paid yet. Wish me better luck with this one, surely I cna't be this unlucky twice?

Omg. That's crazy!

LineRunner Thu 08-Nov-12 17:56:53

I bet the underpaid item is an empty ripped envelope without a stamp on.

CagneyNLacey Thu 08-Nov-12 20:14:58

I would go and see it and then decline to pay the postage on it and leave it there. I would have to know what she'd returned though, it would drive me mad.

Incidentally, could you pm me her user id so I can block her? I have loads of cheap bits on at the mo and am sick of non payers and timewasters. Would rather avoid loopers if poss.

Mirage Thu 08-Nov-12 20:54:32

Ooh yes,please could you pm me her user name too? I've had at least one non payer/timewaster a week and I don't want this loon buying my stuff too.

DowagersHump Thu 08-Nov-12 21:58:58

I will paypal you the money to collect it - I'm dying to know what she's sent you grin

<needs a life>

lagoonhaze Fri 09-Nov-12 10:30:10

BLOCK HER too! If you get a chance PM me her name so I can block her.

I have neither the time nor patience to deal with people like her. I would be inclinced to have made her return top as she wouldnt have return postage refunded.

Had it been a genuine case I would refund original cost and return postage but not to someone whos on the make.

LineRunner Fri 09-Nov-12 10:50:18

Thanks for reminding me to block my latest non-payer.

ontheedgeofwhatever Fri 09-Nov-12 10:56:30

Oh alright I'll send dp to sorting office to pick it up tomorrow and we'll see what's there.

The second peppa pig top has just been paid for. Its a new ebayer and thankfully NOT the same person. I've checked it very closely and it seems clean to me

blueraincoat Fri 09-Nov-12 13:09:21

Marking place smile

Tomorrow? But we need to know now!

TheMonster Sat 10-Nov-12 10:06:26

Just remember the wonder of karma.

DawnOfTheDee Sat 10-Nov-12 10:12:50

Come on OP.....has your DP picked up the parcel yet? I neeeeed to know what the mad lady sent you!

vintageviolets Sat 10-Nov-12 13:03:59

Come ooooonnnnnnn grin

<pops head in to thread>

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Sat 10-Nov-12 17:01:50

well?

i need to know now!! shock

LineRunner Sat 10-Nov-12 18:22:55

Crappy ripped bag?

Katiekitty Sat 10-Nov-12 18:41:19

Place marking for The Update... have been checking back all day!

DowagersHump Sat 10-Nov-12 19:08:58

Maybe the OP has been knocked out by the noxious fumes? sad

People like this have made me all but give up on eBay, unless they do cash on collection.
Would love to know what was at post office, and the name of this nutter to block if anyone can pm it

ontheedgeofwhatever Sat 10-Nov-12 19:45:26

It wasn't from her. It SaaS a parcel from MIL full of baby clothes for DS. She had taken it to post office and paid at counter so shes really cross it was underpaid. Still no peppa pig top stained or otherwise. Sorry to diappoint you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now