This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Proof of posting from PO has no address, just 'UK'. Item not arrived. Aggressive buyer. Help!

(10 Posts)
littlecupcake Sun 11-Nov-12 18:56:04

Thanks, Linerunner. I will pop into the Post Office this week to get a claim form and see what they say.

LineRunner Sun 11-Nov-12 16:15:36

I agree that the Post Office didn't issue a proper PoP and it is their fault. I do think you should put in a claim.

littlecupcake Sun 11-Nov-12 14:58:59

Thanks for all your replies. Just thought I'd update. Buyer would not check with sorting office or neighbours and opened a dispute against me. eBay have investigated and refunded her the money, which I knew they would do. Now I'll have to put in a claim for compensation with the post office, but I'm not very hopeful - there is no address on the proof of posting slips, it just says UK (in spite of asking for proof of posting). Really feel that this is the fault of the post office and that I will end up being £20 out of pocket. angry

Have her check at the sorting office, there is a chance the item is there and delivery had never been attempted. That has happened to two of my buyers!

Also don't bother reporting abuse to eBay, they will do nothing. I had a buyer call me a cunt over 50p "excessive postage", beats response was "nothing we can do."

LineRunner Fri 02-Nov-12 13:34:25

MrsZ I've noticed that, too, and I weigh and pay at the post office.

Letter and large letter - the address (or house number) and post code is typed onto the receipt; packets - the house number and post code is handwritten onto it. This is at both the post offices I use.

MrsZoidberg Fri 02-Nov-12 10:13:11

LineRunner - Our post office writes on the slips for all but the Letter & Large Letter items. I don't know if this is becuase we print all our postage off of the RM site, or if it is just the way they do it at this PO.

Agree with SolidGold though, if we get a polite email then I usually believe them, if it's aggressive then I usually don't

SolidGoldYESBROKEMYSPACEBAR Fri 02-Nov-12 00:03:32

Send the buyer a message saying that you are contacting the post office first thing tomorrow and will get back to her. Then go back to your selling page and look up her name and address; write them down and go into the post office tomorrow with both your PoP slip and the address and consult them.

If the buyer bombards you with abusive messages, threaten to report her to Ebay for unreasonable behaviour and, if necessary, do so. Sometimes people who are this aggressive have got the item and are trying it on.

LineRunner Thu 01-Nov-12 23:56:56

Have you actually got the Proof of Posting slips?

The address (house number, and post code) is typed in by the cashier as part of the 'receipt', if it is not handwritten.

deliakate Thu 01-Nov-12 16:15:16

Not sure what to advise. What is the item worth? This is why I do recorded delivery every time!

littlecupcake Wed 31-Oct-12 21:41:56

I sold an item and DH posted it for me the following day at the PO. He asked for proof of postage for the 6/7 parcels and we have subsequently discovered that the slips of paper he was given just say 'UK' in the destination space.

The buyer is jumping up and down because the item has not arrived. Says her partner hasn't left the house so she won't check with sorting office or neighbours as I have politely requested. The item was posted second class on 22nd and tonight the buyer has accused me of not posting the item, and has threatened to leave negative feedback if I do not refund her immediately. I replied that I would consult MN look at the eBay guidelines and act accordingly. What should I do?

Where do I stand with regard to putting in a compensation claim with RM once 15 days have elapsed if they failed to put the address on the proof of posting, even though DH requested proof of posting?

Aarghhhhh. Not a good experience sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now