This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Not as described item, advice on what to do

(3 Posts)
baabi Tue 09-Oct-12 12:49:11

I have never had this problem on a high value item so any advise would be appreciated. I bought a Nintendo bundle, a console and some games in total over £70 which I was happy to pay. It was described as used but in good condition. Anyway just tried the console and it does not work properly, the power does not switch on straight away all the time, which is frustating. It is supposed to be a Christmas present for a child so I need it to work properly. I have sent a message to the seller asking for their address to send the item, for a full refund. My questions are how long do I wait for a response, I need my money back before I attempt to buy another one.
Also, do have to sent it back by Royal Mail? It cost over £7 to post recorded to me and I not want to pay that much, was thinking of using Collect+.
Thanks

fergoose Tue 09-Oct-12 13:20:06

yes you have to send it back with a signature to prove the seller has received it - try a courier like collect plus, cheaper than £7.

If no response open not as described case via eBay

dizzyday07 Tue 09-Oct-12 16:03:29

if the value was over £46 it should have been send Special Delivery to cover it for compensation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now