This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is it worth selling bundles of baby clothes?

(16 Posts)
Molehillmountain Sun 07-Oct-12 07:41:02

I'm just psyching myself up to my first selling on eBay. Wanted to ask if it's really worth selling baby clothes? If they're not premium labels would they fare better in bundles and if so am I better doing a big bundle of similar items or to put them in outfits? Not much Boden in our house! Thanks for any advice.

Fairylea Sun 07-Oct-12 07:44:25

Next and well known high street brands always sell well in bundles.

Make sure you lay them out in little piles of similar things .... ie tops together, trousers together, socks in one pile etc. Make sure the photo is on a pale background so any colours stand out.

(I regularly sell on eBay !!)

ValiumQueen Sun 07-Oct-12 07:58:36

fairy do you mean sell bundles of T shirts separate to bundles of trousers, or just for photographing? I have lots of girls clothes to sell if this bump is indeed a boy. All next, so keen for tips also.

Molehillmountain Sun 07-Oct-12 08:09:28

Thanks fairylea smile Does that mean that supermarket stuff doesn't sell well? Can I ask you how many outfits or items per bundle works best?

Fairylea Sun 07-Oct-12 08:10:23

Just for photos .... so people looking through the listings can see what's actually in the bundle smile

Make sure you put next in the title. And in the description put "from a smoke and pet free home" if they are smile .... also I'd say no refunds or returns just so you don't have people wanting to send things back.

Iheartpasties Sun 07-Oct-12 08:16:44

I like buying bundles of (for example) 5 pairs of leggings, and then seperatly something like 5 or 6 t-shirts. All of the same size. I also love it if a listing says 'check my other listings as i combine postage'.

sarahtigh Mon 08-Oct-12 08:54:09

don't bother saying no refunds or returns it is meaningless and you have to take returns if buyer not as described case

all it means that is you have not read ebay, by all means click no returns so they just can't do automatic return if do not like it, but in general if someone asks to return accept it as if you don't they will 99% win case with ebay they will return and then you will get bad feedback

LordFlasheart Wed 10-Oct-12 09:14:23

Ooooh OP I'm just about to do this- was going to take some pictures today. Thanks for the tip on how to bundle iheartpasties!

I have loads of babygros- vests, leggings, stuff like that. I'll look at doing it in bundles of 5 or so.

Better to sell more pricey outfits seperatly (not that swish but gap, JL etc), or as part of a bundle you think?

ValiumQueen Wed 10-Oct-12 09:23:07

I plan to sell the designer outfits separately as I think people look for bundles for every day wear, but are more specific in their searches for the fancy stuff. I plan to sell a lot of shoes too.

DinosaursOnASpaceship Wed 10-Oct-12 09:23:34

The last 2 weeks I have spent a fortune on baby clothes from eBay. I just can't stop myself blush

I like little bundles of maybe 4 complete outfits, dungarees and long sleeved vests, baby grows with matching hats etc. I can't resist bidding if something nice has caught my eye in a bundle even if the rest isn't what I'd normally have gone for then (usually something bright and colourful)

Not a fan of items with one photo of the clothes folded up. I like to be able to see what I'm bidding on. Also I don't bid on anything with postage that takes the piss. Ironed clothes always look better.

A decent disruption is good - I don't bother with ones that simply say "check out my other items" with nothing else about the clothes.

ValiumQueen Wed 10-Oct-12 09:30:07

That is helpful dino

morethanonebaby Sun 09-Oct-16 15:18:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Cakescakescakes Sun 09-Oct-16 15:28:27

Definitely iron the clothes. If people can't be bothered to make the clothes look their best for sell then I don't bid as I don't trust them to be fully honest in their description. Might be just me though.

morethanonebaby Sun 09-Oct-16 15:56:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WaitroseCoffeeCostaCup Sun 09-Oct-16 16:40:14

Totally losing faith in eBay! I've had ladies monsoon and coast stuff on there for silly prices for a while and barely seem to get any views let alone bids! Ready to give up sad

HelloMist Mon 10-Oct-16 16:12:49

not an ebay expert but have used it a bit. Have you tried selling Fixed price with Best Offer, Waitrose? Are you listing those as auctions starting low? I've had varied response but the best offer can make a buyer feel like they're getting a bargain. Some people might prefer being able to buy it now if they want it soon rather than get involved in what they imagine will be a bidding war. And your item can be up for a month rather than just a week or so. smile Longer for an interested buyer to see it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now