The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

How long do you give people to pay?

(7 Posts)

When you have sold an item?

sherbetpips Sat 06-Oct-12 21:14:35

Longest is 2 weeks presuming they have been daft enough to bid before going away. I usually keep messaging till I get a response, especially if they have a good feedback rating.

fergoose Sat 06-Oct-12 21:41:42

4 days then open a case - they then have another 4 days to pay before getting a strike. No point waiting any longer in my opinion.

I have just sent an invoice to them in the hope it reminds them.
All previous comment is fast payment.

Oh actually theres a few none payment comments further down just they have been logged as positive sad

tanfastic Mon 08-Oct-12 18:23:34

I had a non payer recently, she had 100% positive feedback but when I read the last two comments they were positive (as you can't give anything elsehmm) but negative comments re non paying bidder. I waited five days then messaged her. Got no response so on sixth day opened a case. She then paid straight away.

lljkk Mon 08-Oct-12 18:27:11

I suppose up to 1 week if no comms.
It's weird... I found an Ebay seller who had 14 months of perfect feedback followed by lots of negs about not sending sold things. I expect they had sudden illness so couldn't cope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now