The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Item not as described... but i want to keep!

(5 Posts)
IvanaNap Sat 29-Sep-12 13:20:21

Don't ask anything, just describe the situation to the seller and after 'the boots arrived, great condition - thank you for quick postage - however xyz (toggle off)' just put 'If you could contact me in regard to this as soon as possible, it would be much appreciated' - they could then do a partial refund of a couple of pounds or reimburse p&p but let them decide; don't leave feedback until you are happy with the outcome.

fergoose Sat 29-Sep-12 12:47:54

well you can ask but the seller may refuse. I guess if you had known they were damaged you wouldn't have paid as much as you did?

GotMyGoat Sat 29-Sep-12 11:44:06

I suppose so, I wont' be too bothered if they said no - still going to leave positive feedback but it's just I sell on ebay myself and feel like they've deliberately not mentioned this to sell them which is a bit off - they're an ebay top seller so should know better.

SoupDragon Sat 29-Sep-12 11:42:00

Personally I wouldn't have asked for any sort of refund because their condition otherwise exceeded what I expected and the toggle can be fixed.

GotMyGoat Sat 29-Sep-12 11:38:33

Hello,

I bid on a pair of clarks boots on ebay, they were listed as used but in excellent condition, i won (yay!) and they've just arrived.

They actually seem to have never been worn, not a scuff in sight, so i'm really happy with that but one of the toggles has fallen off the boot (found it in the bottom of one of the shoes).

The description doesn't mention any faults but now i see that in the picture (if i look very closely) i can see that one of the boots doesn't have a suide toggle cover thingy attached.

My husband thinks we can glue it back on, so i'm going to try that i think.

I think this counts as item not as described, but i really want to keep the boots as they were a bargain and i like them, but have asked the business seller for a partial refund - do you think this is fair, and if so how much?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now