This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long do I wait for payment?

(6 Posts)
Four4me Tue 25-Sep-12 10:53:30

Morning, I am a fairly novice ebayer. Everything I have sold has been paid for relatively quickly- at the longest a couple of days. I sold an item last Wednesday for £40 plus a sensible p&p. But have not received payment, so obviously haven't posted yet. I have not had any messages from the buyer.

How long is normal to wait before I should start to worry that something is wrong. We are going away next week so I made sure all my auctions would be finished last week to give me and the buyers time for payment and postage.

If the payment doesn't come I know I still have my item, but in the mean time shall I just wait a bit longer and maybe message the buyer just before I go away??

Thanks in advance o'wise eBay mnetters!!!!

fergoose Tue 25-Sep-12 11:23:39

4 days - then open a non payer case then if they don't pay close 4 days later.

No point waiting any longer and no point messaging either, if they aren't going to pay a message won't make any difference

once the unpaid case is closed you can then relist or do a second chance offer. Plus the buyer gets a non payer strike, and too many of those they will lose their account

Four4me Tue 25-Sep-12 21:37:24

Thank you!! smile

homebythesea Tue 02-Oct-12 09:51:54

Just seen this - excuse me for butting in! I am in similar position now 6 days since auction ended have sent 2 messages to buyer but still no payment. How do I do the "unpaid case" thingie as above?

fergoose Tue 02-Oct-12 09:57:25

go to the resolution centre from the 'account' button in eBay or select the drop down menu next to the item in eBay and select resolve a problem.

homebythesea Tue 02-Oct-12 11:22:42

Thank you very much!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now