This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Buyer hasn't paid: open dispute or 2nd chance offer?

(9 Posts)
SilkInsideAChestnutShell Thu 06-Sep-12 12:40:39

I can open a dispute later today, as the buyer hasn't paid. I invoiced immediately, and sent a friendly email yesterday asking if they were still interested. I've heard nothing.
Someone else was outbid by 2p for this item.

Do I:
a) go down the dispute resolution route
b) just offer it to the other person

Can I do b) if I have started a)?

fergoose Thu 06-Sep-12 13:18:34

you have to open a dispute first and then only do a second chance offer after dispute is closed 4 days later. It isn't either or, you need to do both or you could have 2 buyers and only 1 item. And you need to close the dispute before a second chance offer or a relist.

SilkInsideAChestnutShell Thu 06-Sep-12 19:07:32

Many thanks!

Millie1 Wed 12-Sep-12 09:25:04

Just adding my own question to this - I had an auction end 2 September, invoiced immediately and still no payment for one item. I emailed the buyer this morning but just said she had won the auction and I haven't received payment yet. I think I should have asked straight out whether she still wants the item - but I didn't. If I don't hear anything back in a day or two, is it reasonable to email again, asking whether they're still interested and saying that I will open a dispute if I don't receive payment within x (how long?)? If it goes that far, then it looks, from reading the above, that I'll go to second chance offer which I haven't understood til now!!

Thanks

issimma Wed 12-Sep-12 09:39:52

Do it via ebay. Click on 'resolve a problem' and go through their dispute resolution centre. This means you get the final sale fee back, and it'll be free to list again. Good luck!

Millie1 Wed 12-Sep-12 09:46:01

Thanks Issima - will do it that way.

fergoose Wed 12-Sep-12 11:22:41

there really is no point emailing in my experience, it has been 10 days - just open the dispute is my advice. She still gets 4 days to pay after you have opened the dispute, that is plenty of time isn't it?

Millie1 Fri 14-Sep-12 13:29:53

Thanks Fergoose - just saw your reply. I had emailed and she paid. Sorted thankfully.

LilQueenie Fri 28-Sep-12 23:42:45

I always open a dispute on the 4th day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now