The eBay topic is intended for Mumsnet members to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic where, for £30, you can advertise your company or products for 90 days. If you are a larger business and wish to advertise on Mumsnet please email contactus@mumsnet.com.

Christmas Challenge! £300.00 by Christmas.

(1000 Posts)
BenedictsCumberbitch Sun 26-Aug-12 16:51:07

I'm getting back into my eBaying, massive clear outs will keep me busy over this free listings weekend, wondered if anyone wanted to join me in making Christmas as cheap as possible and having the good people of eBay pay for most of it!

Tortoise Sun 25-Nov-12 22:23:57

Got a few bits listed and when last weeks ends in a minute i will re-list all the unsold (again!).
Heres tonights listings

TeWiDoesTheHulaInHawaii Sun 25-Nov-12 23:05:03

You can tell it's close to Christmas - everyone paid up straight away tonight!

Like a fool I have totally forgotten to do my relists though. Never mind!

lljkk Mon 26-Nov-12 07:54:10

yes most paying quickly, very nice.
I have a buyer who won on Friday & hasn't paid up yet, though hmm. And another who ignored a msg about condition not being as perfect as I thought (sigh). Crossing my fingers & sending it anyway.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 26-Nov-12 12:09:25

One BIN has gone already!

Two outstanding payments, one from last night and one from this morning. Would be good if they both pay in the next couple of hours so I can just make one trip to the Post Office!

mrscog Mon 26-Nov-12 13:03:26

Yeay - some of mine sold - £55 so far (pre fees). Going to do some relists and have a few other bits and bobs to list. Also have a laptop for spares and repairs so really hoping I can make it to £100!

I think my total is £299.98, still clearing out mother's house so have 30 listings and maybe 100 listings to go on.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 26-Nov-12 22:39:24

I've not been adding it all up to be honest, certainly not taken out fees and postage costs.

All I know is that there's less unwanted and unused stuff here and nearly £200 in my PayPal account despite me spending from there.

24 things on ATM, 2 BIN's have gone.

I'm feeling quite pleased with the way it's going.

LineRunner Tue 27-Nov-12 12:45:54

I got three glowing, positive feedbacks yesterday, but one of them has clearly left me just 1* or 2* on 'Item as Described' on the dashboard part, as the core just dropped. Bummer.

How do I find out which one of them it was? I'd really like to try to understand this and sort it out with them.

LineRunner Tue 27-Nov-12 12:46:18

score not core!

VIX1980 Tue 27-Nov-12 17:52:47
IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 27-Nov-12 17:58:02

They look good VIX and you've got a fair few things selling.

What's that cat bed thing that seems so popular?!

And your mannequin - where did you get that from? Clothes look so much better displayed like that.

Your p+p seems very cheap though, you'll actually make a loss on some of those £2.25 for first class ones won't you?

lljkk Wed 28-Nov-12 07:46:16

Linerunner to find out which of your buyers is 2-faced find the seller dashboard link. From there Generate a seller report for the most recent ten transactions before this week. Then generate new seller reports with one new buyer at a time until your stars suddenly plummet. Then you'll know which one it was.

MrsKwazii Wed 28-Nov-12 08:27:14

Linerunner, you can report them to EBay for feedback manipulation and have their dsr ratings deleted - I did that the other day and my ratings have been restored. Then I blocked the bugger from buying from me again.

Dingle Wed 28-Nov-12 12:28:28

Feeling quietly pleased with myself. I haven't made much effort apart from the last few weeks and now have just over £100 in my Paypal. Still got 27 items listed for this week and despite only 3 being sold so far, have another £18 to come from those.

I may have a problem soon as I am running out of bags to send clothes out in! What do you all use please? Any recommendations that won't cost a fortune and eat into the little profit I am making? Much appreciated. x

amck5700 Wed 28-Nov-12 13:46:53

For smaller things I have proper postal bags that I pound in the Poundstore - six to a pack.
Like you i am running out of bigger bags of decent quality - I was using my Next delivery and other delivery type bags - then i used other good quality bags e.g. debenhams/m&s - now i only have supermarket bags left sad. However, discovered at the weekend you can buy a bag for life for about 10p - those are a lot cheaper than the other postal bags so i got some of those from M&S and used them for the bigger stuff.

Haven't had any complaints, but I only charge approx 10-20p for packing anyway and I am going through brown tape like it's going out of fashion so probably about right in terms of cost.

lljkk Wed 28-Nov-12 15:52:15

All of my packaging is recycled. I am a bit of hoarder, anyway. Better quality carrier bags (like from a clothes shop). Small boxes (I got some off of Ebay). Jiffy bags I received something in. I sent a sunsuit in a high quality paper envelope the other day (large letter rate, yes!) Etc. I sent some wire things in paper bags the other day (the buyer complimented the packaging in the feedbak smile ). Shoeboxes, paper bags, bubble wrap : all stuff I received in the post.

I double up old jiffy bags if they are somewhat tired.

I buy good quality parcel tape, though. Any suggestions on where best to get that (quality important)?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 28-Nov-12 16:14:56

I buy special packing plastic bags - from eBay obviously!

They make packing really quick and easy, and things stay clean and dry regardless of how the post office treat them!

amck5700 Wed 28-Nov-12 16:14:59

3M packing tape is the best - don't know where my husband bought it - he came home from shopping one day with 5 rolls of it - i wasn't even selling stuff at that point and I thought "what are we going to do with 5 rolls of packing tape!?"

Grateful now smile

LineRunner Wed 28-Nov-12 17:09:14

Thaks lljkk and MrsKwazi for the feedback advice - will do what you say.

VIX1980 Wed 28-Nov-12 21:27:57

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thanks, the cat bed head is from whiskas ltd edition, bought 2 of them years ago for my two cats but they never used them, someone on chat was saying how she had sold heres for £80 so i was straight in the loft, it went for £66 in the end which is happy as the lady is lovely who won it so im happy.

as for the low p&p i had an email off ebay a while ago, the usual seller status dropped thing and i dont want to get banned because a few people dont read the p&p price and decide its too much after they have the item delivered, so id rather drop the price a bit to raise the stars i get. They have sellers right where they want them dont they!

LineRunner Wed 28-Nov-12 21:31:32

Wow, my 2-faced buyer left me 1* as well for p&p when I only charged for stamp price - and 1* for dispatch when I posted same day!

Some people are just tossers.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 28-Nov-12 21:31:54

You're right there VIX. From what I've read eBay tends to side with buyers if there's any disagreement or dispute. I'm new to all this so thankfully haven't had to test it out yet.

LineRunner Wed 28-Nov-12 21:35:51

It's crazy, IWish.

TeWiDoesTheHulaInHawaii Wed 28-Nov-12 21:43:55

What the hell were they expecting Line?

I am dithering about how to feedback something I bought recently. They said dispatched in 2 days and didn't post it for a week. No other complaints though.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 28-Nov-12 21:47:44

That's nuts Line. Sellers really shouldn't have to just accept unfair feedback like that.

Lots of my buyers haven't left feedback which I was a bit annoyed about. Now I'm thinking that might be better than them leaving inaccurate feedback.

This thread is not accepting new messages.