This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Christmas Challenge! £300.00 by Christmas.

(1000 Posts)
BenedictsCumberbitch Sun 26-Aug-12 16:51:07

I'm getting back into my eBaying, massive clear outs will keep me busy over this free listings weekend, wondered if anyone wanted to join me in making Christmas as cheap as possible and having the good people of eBay pay for most of it!

TeWiDoesTheHulaInHawaii Thu 22-Nov-12 17:29:05

grin patchworkers: popular fabric not popular the 2nd bundle weighs 2/3 times as much as the first as well - do you think I should have put the total weight on?

I used to do a bit of patchwork but I don't have a sewing machine, and I haven't really got the time to make entire quilts by hand anymore!

lljkk Thu 22-Nov-12 17:58:56

TeWi you need to give measurements, or even weight, for the fabric. I'd probably be more interested in measurements. Perhaps put them all close together but not overlapping & say "Without seam allowances, all together they cover (measure) an area of A x B cm"

some info about what type of fabric they are, cotton or mixed fibre, and typical fabric width. Or min & max, maybe.

TeWiDoesTheHulaInHawaii Thu 22-Nov-12 18:13:17

Good thoughts. I'll have a look at them again and see what I can do.

MrsKwazii Thu 22-Nov-12 22:11:32

Haha, have reported someone for feedback manipulation. Feel better now grin

Good luck with your fabric scraps TeWi.

mrscog Thu 22-Nov-12 22:40:08

Yeay - right first set of listings done here

lljkk Fri 23-Nov-12 07:34:47

Mrscog I know it's tedious but for things like the long sleeve tops I would state the cm or inches measurements:

drop (from collar to hem)
chest (double across at widest point)
inside arm length

I just think you're less likely to have folk complaining about sizing & asking for returns if you're that specific.

I am pretty paranoid about measurements, though. Even on the footie shorts I'd state the waist range (min to max). I don't believe in standard sizing.

PurpleFrog Fri 23-Nov-12 13:19:16

Free listing again this weekend!

I haven't had the e-mail but it is listing in eBay General Announcements.

Usual conditions - fixed price listings not included this week!

mrscog Fri 23-Nov-12 16:30:18

Thanks lljkk will do some measuring tonight and amend the listings.

CaptainKirksNipples Sat 24-Nov-12 19:55:00

I am on a roll! Listed loads more stuff today thanks to free listing weekend so hoping for a good lot of money from that. Anyone interested in Happyland stuff?

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/hippopotamouse-2007/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

dizzyday07 Sat 24-Nov-12 23:35:09

I have made £40 in the last couple of days plus another £10 bid finishing tomorrow. I listed a couple of DS games today on BINs and sold one within an hour! Maybe my prices are too good to ignore hmm

LineRunner Sun 25-Nov-12 14:39:15

There is no daylight!!

I've been pootering around all day waiting for some actual daylight to take photos to get stuff listed this evening, but it's soooo dark, and twilight actually falls in about an hour!

Would I be unreasonable to add to the listing, 'Photos taken in dusky daylight as clearly world is coming to an end? Merry Christmas.'?

fergoose Sun 25-Nov-12 15:24:09

or get your listings done and live tonight, then add photos tomorrow when there is hopefully more light?

LineRunner Sun 25-Nov-12 17:01:39

Good idea, fergoose, thanks.

I managed to take some crazily snappy snaps of a dozen games when a bleak ray of light arrived at 15.05 hours, so hopefully I have enough to keep me busy tonight; and then I'll fill in tomorrow!

lljkk Sun 25-Nov-12 17:10:46

I'm still doing it, I sell 3 things and find 6 more to list!!
Will my pile ever shrink?
But I think one of the new additions might go for >£100, so not all bad. smile

amck5700 Sun 25-Nov-12 17:22:54

I've got 10 things ending today - 4 of which have bids and most of the rest have at least one watcher - still got 9 BIN listed too most of which have watchers. So hoping for some more sales today. Sold 2 things this weekend so far, £25 into the pot. Now up to £482 - in just a few weeks smile Still got loads to list but not done anything so far this weekend - will try to work up the energy after dinner! Still aiming for a nearly cost free Christmas - converted my Nectar points into £140 worth of Amazon credit yesterday - just waiting for the codes to come through.

Hope we all do well with last weeks listings ending today.

LineRunner Sun 25-Nov-12 18:10:17

lljkk We'll ne here next Christmas, that's for sure...

I have sold quite a lot of my DC's stuff; I'm so pleased. I had the most watchers ever on a Wii game - 35! We have made £65 net profit today, and I'm listing lots more tonight.

This is going to make such a difference this Christmas. So glad MN got me to get on ebay. smile

LineRunner Sun 25-Nov-12 18:11:22

Oh God amck I haven't done anything about the Nectar thingy yet. Do you have to register for a Nectar card?

amck5700 Sun 25-Nov-12 18:41:23

Linerunner - yes, you can get a nectar card in Sainsbury's and then register the number on ebay and get points on purchases. Nectar is pretty shit though. That £140 was based on all my shopping points and petrol points for the best part of a year!! They don't do double up deals and they are much more limited in where you can spend them than Tesco points.....and you earn less points per spend I think. Anyway, I was going to put the money towards buying a new tv for the kids play room and saw one of Sainsbury's, then, I was at the point of ordering it and found out that I could only use £50 worth in any on-line transaction and they don't have the tv in stock in store at our Sainsbury's.

Then I saw that you can convert them to Amazon e-vouchers, so just waiting on the codes to come through and I'll buy it there instead.

Tortoise Sun 25-Nov-12 20:05:52

I was planning to get loads listed again today but not got any where near as much sorted as i want. Just started listing now.

LineRunner Sun 25-Nov-12 20:12:26

Thanks, amck. Useful info.

VIX1980 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:39:35

Is it too late to jointhis, really need to make some money but every bit i make gradually gets used up as soon as i've made it.

Ive listed quite a few bits this week, if anyones interested its here my ebay stuff

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 25-Nov-12 20:39:37

I've got 10 things finishing tonight. one ski suit is going really well, and a few other bits will sell so not bad.

I've got another 22 things that I've just started. Toys and some clothes and other random bits. I've tried BIN on a few things for the first time so that'll be interesting to see how they go.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 25-Nov-12 20:41:00

VIX. that link doesn't take me to your listings, just to my eBay!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 25-Nov-12 21:55:12

Wow!

Half way through things ending this evening.

4 things sold and 4 payments received grin.

dizzyday07 Sun 25-Nov-12 22:11:35

Made another £30 today grin and listed a few more random items!

This thread is not accepting new messages.