This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Some numpty wants to arrange a courier for collection only item. What do I do?

(83 Posts)
EmilieFloge Tue 03-Jul-12 06:52:22

I sold a chair on Sunday night. The buyer lives miles away.
I was paid by paypal (thanks a lot) on Sunday night with no message, so yesterday I emailed to ask when they wanted to collect it.
I got a message in the evening saying they are just arranging a courier and what is my address etc.
No idea what sort of courier - if it's someone like Parcelforce I'll have to wait in all day AND wrap the bloody thing up, though I suppose it might be a normal furniture courier but if it is, that'll cost a fortune for a £10 chair so seems unlikely.
Also I'll need online tracking as she paid by paypal.
What can I do?
I've just replied saying that I am not able to wrap the chair for a courier, I cannot wait in all day and I will need online proof of delivery.
What do I do if she insists on sending someone else? I guess it's only a tenner and it might all be fine, but seriously - I hate new ebayers.
She only has a low feedback, so clearly doesn't get that you are supposed to discuss these things before bidding.
I don't want a neg for this. Any thoughts most welcome.
Thankyou smile

EmilieFloge Wed 04-Jul-12 16:49:31

Lol, yes, I can see how that happens...I can't bring myself to type 'sh*bby ch*c though as everything on ebay seems to have that label!

Someone on the ebay boards suggested I offer to let them take it if she/the courier pays cash. The thing is although this would work for me, I know I'm bound to get a negative anyway now, so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

What do you think?

EmilieFloge Wed 04-Jul-12 16:51:19

Should I just tell her that - that I no longer have any incentive to sell it to her under any circumstances - and see what she says? Maybe if she really wants it she will promise not to leave negative feedback.

Though she still could of course. I just wish it was all over.

SoupDragon Wed 04-Jul-12 16:55:58

I rather suspect you will get a negative whatever you do now. You can take that out of the equation when deciding what to do.

I say stuff her. Say the item is broken and unusable and donate it to charity.

EmilieFloge Wed 04-Jul-12 16:58:44

She'll know I'm lying though Soupy...I want to keep as much integrity as I can iyswim. But I might just tell her I won't discuss it further and she can do what she likes.

If she knows it won't bother me, she might not bother to neg./report etc etc.

SoupDragon Wed 04-Jul-12 17:07:36

Ok, take a photo of a bonfire and send it with the message "the chair is no longer for sale". No lies as you've not actually said the chair is on the bonfire... grin

You're right though, I wouldn't do it.

EmilieFloge Wed 04-Jul-12 20:10:59

That is completely brilliant grin

No word so far this evening. Might I have got through to her? I do hope so.

I think I will just ignore though from now on.

CJ75 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:19:58

This is gripping stuff. I am in the same position. Only my item sold for 99p. Now seller is asking for weight/measurements......well if I was prepared to deal with a courier I would have got more than 99p wouldn't I? (It is an unused Tinylove mobile that cost £25 in it's box). Now waiting on them to get back to me after I have said again and again no courier. The buyer works for a courier.

CJ75 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:20:56

How did it end up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now