This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Cant sign in to ebay - what can I do?

(4 Posts)
UnSerpentQuiCourt Wed 27-Apr-11 19:38:25

Hi, I have a problem with eBay. Everything went fine for a couple of years, then I had a message saying that there was some strange activity on my eBay account in the Philippines (which would be very strange, since I live in the UK) and I should change my password. I did that, but my new password only worked once. Ever since, I have reported my password forgotten, changed it,etc, but each only works once, if at all.

The only thing I can think of to do is to deregister from eBay and then to join again with a new user name. (If I just try to add another username, it will presumably know that it is the same email address and refuse to allow it. I don't really want to have to set up a new email just for eBay.)

The trouble is, I can't do anything unless I can sign into my account, which of course I can't do.

Any ideas?

sixlostmonkeys Wed 27-Apr-11 20:02:41

did you click on a link from an email?

UnSerpentQuiCourt Wed 27-Apr-11 21:09:11

Can't really remember - probably. Why?

sixlostmonkeys Thu 28-Apr-11 09:08:29

The email wasn't from ebay. Someone else now has control over you account. You need to contact ebay.
pages.ebay.co.uk/help/account/protecting-account.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now