Note: This topic is for discussing DVDs. If you want to buy or sell DVDs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Recommendations for 5 year old girl?

(15 Posts)
jomorgan Sun 01-Nov-09 22:34:54

Matilda is one of my faves!

duckyfuzz Sun 01-Nov-09 21:30:05

my twins are nearly 6 and love the classics like sound of music, chitty bang bang, mary poppins, they also like narnia, secret garden, usual disney stuff

EVye Sun 01-Nov-09 21:23:00

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation of My neighbour totoro. DD loved it, although she (and I) did shed a tear at one point.

MaggieBruja Wed 28-Oct-09 07:56:53

Andre. You might have to order on line though, not in the shops I don't think, as it's quite old. It's lovely though.

EVye Wed 28-Oct-09 07:54:21

We dont have Toy Story acually so that could be an option.

I've added My Neighbour Totoro to my amazon basket.

I love Enchanted and she has watched it with me but hasnt asked to watch it again iyswim.

The Barbie films might be an option as we have Diamond Castle and she used to watch that a lot.

Off to google Homeward Bound...

scrappydappydoo Tue 27-Oct-09 22:19:51

Anything disney, the barbie films (they'll make you want to be ill but dd likes them), Chitty chitty bang bang

pointyhat Tue 27-Oct-09 22:13:05

You got Toy Story?

Would she like old fashioned musicals like the Sound of Music, Doris Day films etc?

I think it is Disney but it is only semi-animated, Enchanted is great and you will enjoy it too! Also how about Night At the Museum, depending on how scared she might be by the T-Rex coming to life grin!

emmcar Tue 27-Oct-09 21:57:39

Second LadaG's recommendation for My Neighbour Totoro, Bought it recently for my 6 year old daughter, now one of her fav films also loved by her 8 year old sister.

paisleyleaf Tue 27-Oct-09 21:50:19

Homeward Bound (remake of Incredible Journey)

EVye Tue 27-Oct-09 21:46:45

Thanks - we have been through scooby doo and out of the other side. We have the jungle book (my fave as a kid) but she doesnt seem to click with it.

I'll look into the others although I'm not sure i could bear alvin and the chipmunks!

the Japanese anime sounds interesting...

neolara Tue 27-Oct-09 20:48:30

Scooby Doo. My 5 year old dd is obsessed and my 2 1/2 year old ds is pretty keen as well.

LadyG Tue 27-Oct-09 20:41:12

Some of the Japanese anime Studio Ghibli ones are great with strong central female characters-my 4 yr old (boy) loves My neighbour Totoro and Kiki's delivery service. The golden oldie Disney films are great we especially love Peter Pan and the Jungle Book.

snice Tue 27-Oct-09 19:18:20

Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
Hotel for Dogs
Flushed Away
Alvin & the Chipmunks

EVye Tue 27-Oct-09 19:16:06

Likes HSM 1/2/3, Madagascar, and then cbeebies and Tom & Jerry on tv.

Also loves Ninja Warriors, Takeshi's castle and Hole in the wall on tv.

So, can be very girly or very actiony. I'm a bit tired of watching the same things so am looking for inspiration. Has a youngler sibling too so need to be a bit careful.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now