This topic is for discussing DVDs. If you want to buy or sell DVDs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Strange idea but dvds for a 22 month old for car journeys ?

(12 Posts)
didireallysaythat Sun 20-May-12 22:41:42

Having spent 8 hours in the car with a 20 month old this weekend, 6 of which were spent with him screaming in anger at having to be in his seat (while his 5 year old brother happily watches Thunderbirds) I've been wondering if there are dvds targetting this age group (18-24+ months) that may hold his attention as we have a 10 hour drive this summer and I can't find tazzers for sale on amazon....

Any suggestions (other than doing the drive through the night which is looking more attractive now..) ??

Take the train or fly? Or break the journey more?

In the Night Garden is targeted at this age.

Graciescotland Sun 20-May-12 22:46:40

DS can be bribed to silence with Peppa pig. The ultimate attention grabber is in the night garden.

StrangerintheHouse Sun 20-May-12 22:47:08

ds likes peppa pig (22 months, only started very recently).

I have been wondering if we could find something he could watch it on that he wouldn't chuck and break.

Get a few box sets that you can easily change. What about noddy? My Nieve and nephew loved it at that age and still do tbh Peppa pig also great. Thomas the tank. Anything that you can get on the likes of cbeebies really.

didireallysaythat Sun 20-May-12 22:57:20

We're going to try and break the journey into 4 hour chunks and I think we're going to have to drive as (1) I haven't looked into flights and (2) the amount of clobber we need for 2 weeks doesn't fit in a bag. However it would be nice to get there and still have some of the fortnight left.

Good idea on thomas - he's currently into animal noises so I'll have a look for a peppa pig does the zoo or something (peppa is an unknown quantity as our first son didn't really find the tv until he was 3 - I've no idea how we achieved that as he's completely addicted now..)

I'd forgotten about night garden. Trippy tv or what....

MissPollysTrolleyed Mon 21-May-12 11:20:56

My 22mo DS won't watch TV (he's usually too busy bouncing off the walls) but adores watching clips of Elmo from Sesame Street on YouTube so we are intending to buy a bunch of Elmo DVDs from Amazon for a similar journey in June.

Can anyone recommend a portable DVD player? Will a 22 month old wear headphones or will we all have to listen to Elmo hmm.

Piriton.

jennimoo Sat 09-Feb-13 09:55:01

We have a cheap DVD Player from amazon (£60?) and pleased with it. We have a recordable DVD player at home so just record whatever DD is currently liking on cbeebies....

And I don't think toddlers would / should wear earphones I don't mnd hearing kids programmes if it means I'm not hearing screaming though...

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Wed 06-Mar-13 21:50:26

The sing and sign DVDs are lovely, higly recomended!

My in laws have got these brilliant DVDs with nursery rhymes - dd loves them and copies all the actions!

If you search for row row row your boat in film and tv on amazon, it's the first one that comes up!

NoRoomForMeInMyBed Wed 13-Mar-13 09:08:01

Workingtohardmama, just bought the row row row dvd after reading your post and can only sat THANK YOU!!! The boys love it and havent stopped singing...much recommended!! Thank you! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now