Note: This topic is for discussing DVDs. If you want to buy or sell DVDs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Marley and me

(10 Posts)
KarenRBB Wed 23-Nov-11 08:43:40

I thought it was a very good film and it was very personal to me as I went through exactly the same thing with my dog.
I wouldn't say it was suitable for very young children though.

Svrider Sat 17-Sep-11 08:46:38

Yes, very nice house in the country. Not sure I'd have left florida for philidelphia though.
Dd1 wants to watch gnome and Juliet tonite, should be safe with that!

LynetteScavo Sat 17-Sep-11 08:34:57

And I was really envy @ the nice house in the country and JA's figure.

LynetteScavo Sat 17-Sep-11 08:33:48

Wasn't it on TV a few weeks ago..or did I actually pay to hire it? shock

Anyway it was drivel.

I was totally aware of the ending, and knew it was supposed to be "heartbreaking" I still let DS2 watch it (he's dog mad).

I was the only one who cried at the end, though. blush

I can see how sensitive children would be upset.

Svrider Sat 17-Sep-11 08:13:22

Wow, Thanks for the quick and supportive messages. (first m n post!)
I can be a bit ott when kids get upset , but even dh was shellshocked with the film

I had exactly the same resentment at the time I'd wasted watching it, Storm.

Oh, ok, just saw it was in children's section in Asda. Fair enough. Not a kids' film, really.

Stormwater Sat 17-Sep-11 08:04:05

I was pissed off because it was such utter shite that I felt like I'd wasted two hours by going to watch it. Dear Lord, what a terrible movie.

I wouldn't describe it as a kids film at all, what badly written and acted messages do try to come through are about relationships, the dog is just a part of that relationship dynamic. Your poor daughters!

To be honest I was so appalled at Owen Wilson, who used to be pretty credible (thought he was excellent in the Royal Tennembaums) being in such a godawful, emotionally manipulative, tedious film that that distracted from any other concerns. But why did you think an adaptation of an adult book would be a children's film?

Svrider Sat 17-Sep-11 07:50:46

Last nite sat together with kids (d d1 who had DVD 4 her birthday and dd2 ages 7 and 4). This was sold with a cute labrador puppy on the front and was in kids section at asda This film left both girls in tears. It had very long drawn out ending of the dog dying including a grave shot at the end. I'm pissed off with the promotion of this DVD as family entertainment. Has anyone else had this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now