Premature Ovarian failure, DE abroad?

(5 Posts)
Snowdog37 Sat 15-Oct-16 16:33:01

I've got very low AMH 0.22 and high fsh 23, which combined with my consistently low antral follicle count I've now been diagnosed with premature Ovarian failure at 38. So donor eggs are the way to go for me. I'm trying to focus on the positives, the eggs will come from a much younger and healthier woman, and the chances of success are way way higher. It's just shite at 38 to be basically menopausal!
Is anyone else looking at (or had) treatment abroad in Spain, Greece or the Czech Republic? I'm in the USA where treatment with donor eggs is insanely expensive! So traveling abroad will be about 50-75% cheaper even including flights!

greenlizard Tue 18-Oct-16 12:29:43

Sorry to hear about your POF - what a bugger. I didn't go overseas for my DE treatment as I chose to stay in the UK mainly because I wanted any resulting child to be able to trace the egg donor when they were older if they so chose.

So I can't help in that respect but I can say that I have had a fantastic experience with DE - I am mid 40's and my egg quality was poor due to age and suffered multiple heartbreaking miscarriages when conceiving naturally. We decided to go the DE route, conceived first time and had our son in 2015. We had enough blastocysts to freeze a couple and I am now 38 weeks pregnant with a daughter as a result of a FET. We feel very lucky and I really can't imagine loving them any less if they were biologically mine. It might not have been your planned route to motherhood but I am sure you won't regret it! Good luck!

ncayley115 Mon 24-Oct-16 15:46:09

For genetic reasons we had an egg donor. We used IVI Alicante in Spain. We now have a lovely 21 month old little boy. We were able to choose exactly when we wanted our treatment as there are so many egg donors in Spain. Ours was a frozen ET.

Total cost (2 rounds of ICSI) £10k.

Grenoble124 Fri 30-Dec-16 11:44:51

Hi Snowdog. We went to IVF Zlin in Czech Republic. Was successful on first attempt. Highly recommended and used by American couples. Feel free to ask me anything.

amyisagonegirl Sun 08-Jan-17 07:55:56

I also went to zlin. Very good clinic and so well set up for people travelling for treatment. I've been lucky enough to have a little girl of 4yrs and 2yr old twin boys. All the very best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now